Card/EFTPOS Intergration

Ok so have tried;

function test_eftpos()
{
  var url = '127.0.0.1:2008';
  var data = '<Message type="Transaction" id="1234"><TxnType>Purchase</TxnType><TxnRef>TXN12345</TxnRef><AmountPurchase>1.00</AmountPurchase></Message>';
  var responce = web.PostData(url,data);
  return responce;
}

No response, no change on machine, any ideas?

Oh yep - now having a XML conversation to process a single transaction is somewhat much harder :worried:
Its not going to help you now but I am going to write a full EFTPOS integration into SambaPOS over the coming months.

Yea right, I am not kidding.
We hold some large Merchant Licenses and have long standing partnerships with some banks here as well as Bulk Service providers. I also have alignments with providers who will give me access to their development team as well, so they will build a interface to suit.

I just gotta get my “trainers off” and oh yea write a full SQL API into SamaPOS for our membership first :open_mouth: so as the caption suggests - don’t hold your breath.

I can tell you but - it will be done. Good luck here with yours and will add when possible.

I have no idea how that is supposed to send to the EFT. When you first mentioned that it listens on 127.0.0.1, I thought to myself: "That is localhost", meaning your computer. So you are sending data to yourself.

Know what I mean? Anyone else notice this? Need to change the IP on the EFT, and send to that address.

His 2nd post Q - wondering if there is a DLL that is loaded which traps 127.0.01 and the ports mentioned in that post?

Its not an IP terminal, its plugged in on USB, to access and test I use telnet and connect to 127.0.0.1 on port 2008

Ok, I think I understand that
 you really are sending data to yourself. The terminal just “sniffs it out” on port 2008.

So does it have a web host/service built in to process that type of data (POST)?

Ok, now I am confused. Port 2008? Port 65? A port greater than or equal to 1024? What? Which is it?

From the screenshot, it again mentions XML listener on port 65
 maybe try that?

Then again, you quoted

Still, I would try port 65 

no difference with above changing 2008 to 65.
65 was relating to the DPS software mentioned in the documentation but I believe this is now done within the machine and the machine is setup to listed to 127.0.0.1 on 2008
2008 is defiantly the post used for telnet to connect.

Not sure on that, there is no web GUI not that I expected there to be.

Have you tried web.Upload() instead of web.PostData()? I do not understand the difference between the two
 @emre?

Maybe try prefixing the address with http:// or xml://? (don’t know if that is valid ;P)

1 Like

http:// dind the job :smile:

function test_eftpos()
{
  var url = 'http://127.0.0.1:2008';
  var data = '<Message type="Transaction" id="1234"><TxnType>Purchase</TxnType><TxnRef>TXN12345</TxnRef><AmountPurchase>1.00</AmountPurchase></Message>';
  var responce = web.PostData(url,data);
  return responce;
}

web.PostData is the one, Upload does nothing

Although no response within samba which brings us back to the original concern of listening to xml from http://127.0.0.1:2008

Am thinking this is the most likely solution;

Not sure if it counts as a real problem though LOL

Just installed Caller ID and Scale modules to take a look at them.

Where are they located in Management?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it

Twitter? wouldnt call that a device :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL, sorry was thinking you were refering to the .Name. of the section not actually asking where they were :wink:

Cant remember, whats the app you can use to listed to any info coming in on a com port, need to see if/how its coming back in on the com port.

Yes, I think we need a new device type. But let me ask first:

Does the EFT USB connection emulate a COM port (i.e my USB Pole display does this, so I print to COM2).

Is there any port setup/config you can alter within Windows for this device? If so, you might be able to use one of the Modem Devices?

It does show as COM8 on my machine.

Any detail in the docs regarding Baud, Parity, etc?

What does COM8 port config look like?

But I don’t think it will be possible to receive on the com port as wont it be in use for whatever if forwarding port 2008 to the machine?
Tried to install a ‘terminal’/com port listener and on choosing port COM8 it said it was already open.

I have no experience with Caller ID. If I had your device, I would try Generic Modem, or Advanced Generic Modem, to see if you can get a Popup to show.

I mean, SambaPOS is “listening” for activity on the COM port for Caller ID to display information, so it is worth a shot?

pop up says access to com8 is denied

It might be because another application using it.