Cash screen value change

when i have a bill for £0.45

and customer gives me £0.50p, on the cash screen i want to be able to enter “5"0” WITHOUT using the decimal point button.

at the moment when i have a sale of £0.45p, when i hit “5"0”. it registers as £50.00 and asks me to give the customer £49.55

This may not be what you want but try typing ‘0’.‘5’0’ and see if that works? Or even '.‘5’0’

Yes i know, it does work.

but what i want to do is avoid using the “.” button,

In which case that means you would be putting more ‘0’ in order to get a bigger number than. 5.

An example means to get 50.00 you’d put 5000, 5.00 would be 500 etc… . Is it something like the example you want to achieve then?
I think there’s a way but I’ve never really put it like that so maybe @QMcKay or kendash could help with that.

yes thats exactly what i am after.

i have 6 members of staff that have got use to doing this with our old system for the past 4 years. hence why i want to use the same method.

kendash @QMcKay JTRTech

any ideas?

Theres a setting where you can define the buttons on the payment screen that run down next to the keypad, possibly under program settings i cant remember exactly where it is im not at pc but you could see if you can type 0.5 as one of the buttons

are you on about the fast payment buttons like 5£ 10£ 20£ etc…

thats not really what i am after.

Not the fast payment buttons that are created with rules and actions that are on the pos screen

This is on the settle screen you can set default payment values there, i thinks thats the only way you will be able to get a button on the settle screen that will enter 0.5

Pressing 5 on the settle screen keypad will always give you £5 not 50p, pretty sure we cant change that, thats why we can set the default payment buttons on the settle screen so you could set

£50
£20
£10
£5
£2
£1

If you really wanted to, then you would just have 1 button press for 50p etc

5 Likes

Theres so many features i just cant remember them all lol!!