Change menu on specific entity

sorry JTRTech this bit is just very confusing for me i usually can follow but for some reason i have trouble of understanding this.

so {ENTITY NAME:patron} (patron is the type of the entity i just edited it to be able to use them in this rule) do i need to put it like this in the upper constraint or in the action(menu patron) of the rule?

“patron” and “offert” are both Tables Entity Type as far as I can tell.

{ENTITY NAME:Tables} Is not Null

Right, but I suggested you use instead the Ticket Created event, because the Add Ticket command does exactly that - creates a new Ticket, while also assigning the current Entities to the new Ticket.

i tried using the ticket created event but then the menu reverts to normal when adding a ticket :sweat:

Did you try event for Ticket Entity Changed or Ticket State Updated?

i tried both of them just now but they also don’t work but for the part when adding a second ticket it works as intended with Entity Updated rule, it just is still the part for when selecting you select a ticket in the ticket lister due to it not triggering any rule

Remove the current Constraints in your Ticket Opened rule and put a Show Message action in the Rule with a message like:

ETN: {ENTITY NAME:Tables} EN: {ENTITY NAME}

Be sure to put something in Show Message that will always display, no matter what, like above the ETN and EN will always show (even if the tags are empty). This will confirm the Rule is triggered when you have no Constraints.

If you get a value for 1 of the above, use that in the Rule Constraint ( ie. {ENTITY NAME:Tables} ) on the LEFT side, choose Matches in the MIDDLE, and on the RIGHT put:

patron|offert

If you don’t get a value for either thing in the Show Message action (ie. you just see “ENT: EN:”), then you need to find a different event. Again, don’t use a Rule Constraint at first and just put a Show Message action in it, until you find a Rule that works, then Constrain it.

:warning: P.S. do not hard-code your message in Show Message action; use a [:variable] instead and fill out the value in the Rule!

1 Like

first of thanks to all who helped learned a lot with this

especially with @QMcKay show message trick to find working rule constraints

so i did ETN: {ENTITY NAME:Tables} EN: {ENTITY NAME} message and it gave me ETN: patron EN: {ENTITY NAME} and i just made a constraint like QMcKay said

now for those who want this to, here is the fully working setup:

so first you need a action to change the menu

then you need 3rules:
first one that triggers for when selecting the entities that have different menus

second one is a rule for when you add a second ticket to the entity

then the last one is for when you have multiple tickets on a entity and select one of the existing tickets {ENTITY NAME:Tables} > matches > (your entities name)

1 Like