Client WIndows time changed and Ticket get lost

You told it to only run when the admin user is logged on. So if you login with non admin user it won t work. Try checking the run whether user logged in or not option.

The staff PADs for security reasons we discussed before, are always logged in with standard user, never with Admin, so it will not work

No I think you misunderstood me… the task has option to enable it to run regardless if user specified is logged in. You specified Admin user but you are not logging in as admin. You should enable that option so it will run as admin even if admin not logged in.

1 Like

Yup, I tried all ways to specify Admin rights, but the “set time” command is not working from the standard user account (Wind 8), windows 7 it works, I read.

So I decided to installed Windows 10 on one of the Acer PADS (to avoid the bug with the time-jump), which took me 1 day… :sweat:

Result: Wind 10 makes me the problem to pop-up with ANY order, thats server and local time are different, HOWEVER is exactly the same time, exactly up to the minute! (and I lowered down the rule to match with “hour”, already…)…

I am real frustrated :persevere: (well hate Windows since long time anyway,lol)

Did anyone tried this time-rule on a Wind 10 PAD? If have same experience?

Windows 10 would have nothing to do with the rule demonstrated. Show the rule to us so we can see if you made a mistake. Have you tried syncing server and tablets to a time server?

2 Likes

thats the rule… and thats the result on the PADs with Win 10 (have 2 PADS with WINd 10 and 2 with Win 8)

The Win *-Pads, still work normal under that same rule…

The rule you showed and the output in the show message are not the same… Show the rule from the tablet.

Why should be a different rule? All rules and settings are stored on the server and clients get them from there, when login in, right…?? how you can see, is exactly the same rule:

and , yes, if I update any changes on server, eg. change the rule from minutes to hours, I start SAMBA on all PADS again, to update the server settings…

OK, I found the reason (after 6 hours) is the Windows 10 Regional Data and Time Setup.… for some reasons it has to be a specific setup in time location, format, language and input, which are nothing identical with my server configuration of Time/date/format… but, anyway… now I found it, can run Win10 and keep the time-rule (with 1 hour difference)…

THANK YOU ALL for your help!!

1 Like