Configuring Windows to run SambaPOS in Kiosk mode

I am not using this atm but ill run some tests.

EDIT: I am running windows 10 looks like the script needs to be updated for windows 10. Ill see what I can do and try testing it.

EDIT: Looks like it might not be as easy. Apparently the API has changed in windows 10 and I am having a hard time getting any documentation atm because its still Technical preview. I am thinking Create is different now… and probably the objWMIService changed. So I do not have a way to test why its not working for you atm @eddhasaj

Paste your script here maybe for comparison?

1 Like

Sorry just seen this post. @kendash

strComputer = "."

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2:Win32_Process")
errResult = objWMIService.Create("C:\Program Files (x86)\SambaPOS5\Samba.Presentation.exe", 
           "C:\Program Files (x86)\SambaPOS5\", null, intPosID)
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colProcesses = objWMIService.ExecNotificationQuery _
    ("Select * From __InstanceDeletionEvent " _ 
            & "Within 1 Where TargetInstance ISA 'Win32_Process'")

Do Until False = True
    Set objProcess = colProcesses.NextEvent
    If objProcess.TargetInstance.ProcessID = intPosID Then
        Exit Do
    End If
Loop

Set wshShell =  WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.shell")
wshShell.run "c:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /l", 0, false

What version of windows?

Sorry im using windows 8.1 Pro 64bit @kendash

Do you get any error messages?

PS. I cant test it right now because rewriting it for windows 10 is rather difficult since not much has been given on what might be different yet. However I really do not see why it wouldn’t work I mean its the same structure there has to be something else wrong. You double checked the install dir for sambapos5?

@kendash

I copied the directory that im using in the script and pasted in run path and it started samba so im sure the path is correct.

I had v4 installed and the script worked great. I installed v5 and changed all sambaPOS4’s to 5’s accordingly and saved the script. The script does nothing, no errors.

Strange… I am not sure what difference it would be.

My guess is that this uses Windows server in order to access Group Policies. How would we be able to achieve this in a standard version of windows 8.1?

You can use this with professional versions of windows not home.

Ahh ok. In the case of which proffesional is not available. Is there an alternative to make this happen?