Create report specific to User and Department

Actually, I found a way to accomplish my goal. Gave each terminal their own department and ticket type. Then mapped tax templates named for the terminal they are being used on. shows in report perfectly. Also easier to track that way. Now all money is tracked perfectly.

I have another question about custom reports. I have a Tobacco Sales Report by User, that I am happy with. However, our accountant is not as happy. If there is a way to sort the report Alphabetically or at least have all Cigarette brands grouped together, that would be perfect. Currently it prints them by order of sale and Qty. I searched the various report Tutorials and forum and didn’t see anything similar to what I am looking for. Maybe I missed it?
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.User::{0}:,}
[Tobacco Sales for $1:3, 1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and (TU=$1) and (MG=Tobacco)}

That’s my Syntax and result is below

Tobacco%20Report

You have .desc for qty meaning it sorts it descending from biggest to smallest. If you want it sorted by brand take .desc off and add .asc to MenuItemName

Thanks. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that. Knew it had to be something simple.

1 Like

If you want grouped add whatever you use to set brand, guessing custom product tag to a new column in front of name and sort by that aswell

Ok, slightly different report type but same topic, kind of

I need to create a report to show Ticket Number and table and user associated with that ticket. I also want it to list the items sold for that ticket and the total amount paid.
Here is what I have so far, it pulls the ticket items but that’s it. What am i missing?

[Ticket Report:2, 1, 1]
@{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.TicketNumber,T.User,EN.Tables::|}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ItemTag,O.Quantity,O.Price:T.TicketNumber=="$1"}

Because that’s all you told it to do. You don’t have ticket nhmber etc in the report you just have them as a parameter.

Having issues with another report I am trying to build. The chef wants to be able to see how many dinners his kitchen did at the end of the night. I want to build a report that shows just that, no drinks, deserts, or appetizers, just dinners. I have the report built, at least from what I can see, but it does not pull any data. What am i missing? I typed the menu category names exactly as they are spelled in the products list screen.

Your missing a colon to separate the MG constraint from the fields of the expression

Its reporting the headers but the order details expression is invalid.

Ok, I added the colon, still doing the same thing. I tried refreshing it in the report screen to pull all of last week so I know there were sales in these categories.

Preview please?

Is MG= defiantly right?

That is the list I used to get the fields for MG= and thats what I get when I run the report.

Yes but those listed there are simply the >$1 headers. The report expression is generating nothing.

Im not saying are the group names right im saying is MG= the correct report constraint? Where did you copy it from?

Also you probably want to have (ODI=True) in there just to be sure void orders are not counted.

https://kb.sambapos.com/en/9-1-9-custom-report-filtering-and-grouping/

That’s where I got the syntax for this.

I FOUND IT!.. You have 0 instead of O on the quantity. (Zero.Quantity rather than Letter O.)

1 Like

:joy::joy: Lol that was it. thanks!!!