Creating tasks to record caller ID in a text file

Hello, I’m trying to setup a caller ID log by using rules and actions but I’m new to this so I’m not sure what I’m doing. For actions:

I’ve set it up so that the event is when popup is clicked an action is done.

For the actions:

the action type is ‘Add line to text file’ and I’ve created a text file.

My question is how do I direct it to write the phone number picked when caller ID is either generated or when the popup is clicked.

From memory there should be a value passed from popup like command value for automation command actions.

You do not need actions or rules for it if you configure device correctly. It will just work.

What do you mean? Does Sambapos automatically record caller ID logs? I need to be able to go back and check which number has rang and at what time. It’s definitely displaying the caller ID log and is recording it in the customer search screen.

Any ideas as to how I go about doing that?

The caller ID module when installed is configured to work without additional rules or actions.

Oh my gosh sorry I see what your doing now. I will try and explain a few options for you.

Sorry for the confusion, the caller ID module works, it displays the caller ID, my question is whether sambapos keeps a record of all the call activity during that work period?

No it does not and you will need to automate that. I can show you how using Tasks. In fact you can adapt a tutorial already written for detailed logs using tasks for your fit. Let me find the tutorial.

Try reading through this tutorial you can adapt it for your needs. The rule event your looking for is Popup Clicked and you define a Popup Name in the caller id device settings. This tutorial is very advanced so take your time and try it on a dev machine first do not try it on live. The benefit of using tasks will be that you can use custom reports to report on it.

1 Like