Custom Report Tags in detail

I kept meaning to dive into custom reports I just never have until now. I want to become a pro!

Erm, I just realized that 1 of the Employees has 2 rows for every day (doubling), so I’ve refreshed the file.

I hope too that it doesn’t matter that there are many days where [StateStartDate] = [StateEndDate].

I just did a CONCATENATE in Excel to generate the INSERT statements, so there are days in there like that when the Employee didn’t work.

I’m the same… just haven’t tried it yet, and I know I should! Would be nice to throw a Report Widget on the screen to show running total of hours worked for each Employee, for example.

1 Like

OK. I think we need nested table implementation but this might be a good start. Replace Employee Names with your employee names and create a separate row for each employee. I’ll try to implement something to simplify that hard coding.

[Employees:1,1]
>Employee Name|Hours
@{ENTITY STATE START DATE LIST:(ELSN=TCStatus)}
>$1|
Barış|{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELEN=Barış) AND (ELSD=$1)}
Özlem|{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELEN=Özlem) AND (ELSD=$1)}
Deniz|{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELEN=Deniz) AND (ELSD=$1)}
Emin|{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELEN=Emin) AND (ELSD=$1)}
>Total Hours|{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELSD=$1)}
1 Like

So what format is $1 fomatting it as? I like the output just curious of any other options. Is there a place I can look to learn more tricks like that?

EDIT: Never mind I understand… duh that was stupid question. You used a different tag.

So $1 links it to the $1| I did not know you could do that… Very cool thanks! How does $1 pick the right date?

Sorry if i seem confused… I am trying to learn this with very little background knowledge. Its something ive needed to dive into.

Wow @kendash I don’t think you’ve skipped my help request :slight_smile: OK just joking. I’ve mentioned it under New Parameter Syntax section.

1 Like

Grr ok ok. I did skip reading it. I am sorry I should slow down and just read. I sometimes just jump in and miss small details.

I see now:

I will crawl back into my hole and dive in again. This time I will take my own advice and read more.

EDIT: I think I have a pretty good grasp on it now… So I will go play with it and try to do some magic.

EDIT: I need some @gerlandog magic.

1 Like

I have almost gotten this beat. I can format L.Hours to Number with LN.Hours how would I format a Field Calculation?

BTW @emre I had to modify yours as that was giving hours even between PunchOut and PunchIn. We would only be concerned with PunchIn to PunchOut so I modified it as follows:

[Hours Worked Report:.5,1,.3]
>Date|Employee Name|Hours
@{ENTITY STATE START DATE LIST:(ELSN=TCStatus)}
{ENTITY STATE START DATE LIST:(ELSN=TCStatus)}|Jesse|{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELEN=Jesse) AND (ELSD=$1) AND (ELSS=PunchIn)}
{ENTITY STATE START DATE LIST:(ELSN=TCStatus)}|Melissa|{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELEN=Melissa) AND (ELSD=$1) AND (ELSS=PunchIn)}
{ENTITY STATE START DATE LIST:(ELSN=TCStatus)}|Vanessa|{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELEN=Vanessa) AND (ELSD=$1) AND (ELSS=PunchIn)}
{ENTITY STATE START DATE LIST:(ELSN=TCStatus)}|John|{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELEN=John) AND (ELSD=$1) AND (ELSS=PunchIn)}
{ENTITY STATE START DATE LIST:(ELSN=TCStatus)}|Shirly|{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELEN=Shirly) AND (ELSD=$1) AND (ELSS=PunchIn)}
{ENTITY STATE START DATE LIST:(ELSN=TCStatus)}|Jacob|{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELEN=Jacob) AND (ELSD=$1) AND (ELSS=PunchIn)}
>Total Hours||{REPORT ENTITY STATE TOTAL HOURS:(ELSD=$1) AND (ELSS=PunchIn)}

Added a table for Wages

[Wages:1,1,1,1]
>Employee|Hours|Wage|Total Wages
{REPORT ENTITY STATE DETAILS:L.Entity.Name,L.Hours,EC.Pay Rate,=[EC.Pay Rate]*[L.Hours]:(ELSS=PunchIn) AND (ELES=PunchOut)}

Looks like this:

I dreamed about custom reports last night hahaha. This has become a real obsession with me right now.

What I have now its still evolving but I clearly got the syntax down now! Thank you @emre and everyone else not mentioned that helped me and you dont even know it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

…and @Jesse this is just the tip of the iceberg :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am playing with Field Calculations right now. I would like to know any other hidden syntax for this. Is there any formatting permitted?

I’m currently working on it.

1 Like

Dear @emre

This report is giving me an error:

[Ventas (TAGS):1,2,2,2, 2, 2, 2, 3]
>Ticket|Fecha|Hora|Mesa|Neto Ticket|Taxa Serviço|Descuento|Total Ticket
{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.TicketNumber,T.Date,T.Time,EN.Tables Pizzaria,=100-[CA.Taxa Serviço],CA.Taxa Serviço,CA.Desconto,T.TotalAmount}

When I take the 100- out of the calculation it works…

Could you please advice?

Thanks!!!

G.

@gerlandog which version? what error? :slight_smile:

Screen:

Thanks!!!

G

Maybe its not supporting putting the calculation first… maybe its looking for a field first?

EDIT: never mind I put 100- in front of mine and it worked fine.

EDIT: you have no expression… format is {REPORT TICKET DETAILS:<fields>:<expression>}
Yours is {REPORT TICKET DETAILS:<fields>,<fields>,<fields>,<fields>,<fields>,=<field calculation>,<fields>,<fields>,<fields>} but you did not put an expression at end.

• Not sure if that has anything to do with why its not calculating but when I used the same format and put expression at end mine calculated.

I will try with an expression, but, the problem is that I dont need one, LOL!!!

this is not working for me:

=100-[CA.Taxa Serviço]

but this is working

=[CA.Taxa Serviço]

Thanks!!!

G.

just try putting : }at end so it skips expression? note space between : and } I could be wrong just thought I would spit out an idea for ya to try.

so, in which field should I put the expression:

{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.TicketNumber,T.Date,T.Time,EN.Tables Pizzaria,=100-[CA.Taxa Serviço],CA.Taxa Serviço,CA.Desconto,T.TotalAmount}

?

Thanks!!!

g.