Customer Display Help needed

Hi all

I download samba POS and Looks Great but I am stuck at the display setup :frowning:

Can any one help me to get XCT code for HD44780U? spec. is in this link

after reading all this post about customer display Tutorial I tried following steps.

c:\ echo Sambapos>COM5 I can see Sambapos on the display :slightly_smiling:

when I start samba i set device and printer template but it shows me unreadable character. so my understanding is I need correct XCT code. correct me if I am wrong until here.

NCR has this display in 7454 model https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D87qZISHIrA

any one can help me on this?

Thanks

What characters are in your template that might cause this>? any?
Show you template for a start.
If copy & paster be sure to use the </> button on post toolbar to prevent the formatting codes being stripped.

Hi

First i put SambaPos and I got unreadable

than I read few more post in forum than realize that direct CMD connection work and sambapos doesn’t means I am missing correct XCT code

Been a while since i worked with a pole display…
Last time I dont remember using one, if remember right it just overwrote the previous print, although obviously depends on model etc.
XCT code will be model specific, only flicked through the manual but often you end up needing to convert from hex or toher format to XCT.
There was apost with a conversion table somewhere on the forum.

or maybe just baud rate not match

1 Like

But wouldnt that effect command from CMD also?

@subsalsup worth a check either way.
Also check dip switches if not sure, usually braud rate defined in dip witch positions.

baud rate is checked and tested with all combition even parity too and stop bit

Device work with opos driver and utility provided by mfg. after reading mfg dll file I see that it set to com 5 with 19200

so I did test on com5 and its shows SAMBAPOS on screen C:\ SAMBAPOS>COM5

How does it show in my computer?
Im sure when I did my last poll display I had drivers or used generic text drivers and set as EPOS Printer.
how are you configuring in samba?
Definatly remember having customer display as a printer in windows… was a while ago though…
Know the tutorial deals with direct COM port printing.

in device manager it doesn’t shows up as display even windows 7 doesn’t require any driver.

Direct Com Port Printer RTL none Line 4

I would have thought it should show up in device manager…
Not in COM ports? it wouldnt be in displays…

You might not need drivers to post from command but what Im saying is im sure last one I did I added a printer in devices & printers → local printer → com port 5 and selected generic text printer for driver… Dont quote me on that but got to be worth a try, sure thats what I did with my last one.

4 lines? really, usually only ever seen 10 character by 2 lines myself, not to say your wrong just surprised…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D87qZISHIrA :slightly_smiling:

Par7700 http://www.partech.com/restaurant/everserv-hardware/everserv-7700/

nice, tidy looking setup… :slightly_smiling:

I got this from Manufacture

How to send 1BH+49H ??

Any one??

NA204SD01CC_revC_12Mar2013.pdf (126.5 KB)

I set up a 4 line (30x4) display before. It’s true you need to use XCT codes quite a lot compared to a standard 20x2 line. I also found it didn’t follow the same expectation that new text will overwrite from top. I needed to use XCT codes for clearing and also to move cursor. However once I got it working the results were impressive. Definitely once you use 4 line one you see how limiting a 2 line one is!

3 Likes

@markjw

Do you have XCT code so I can see how it’s set up?

May be I just need format

Here is an example printer template which displays the current item being added to the ticket:

<XCT>12
<XCT>27,91,72
{ORDERS}
<L>
<J>| TOTAL: {REMAINING TOTAL}

[ORDERS]
<J>{NAME} | {TOTAL AMOUNT}
<L>  ({QUANTITY} @ {TOTAL} each)

It displays like the first image I posted (the Vegetable Samosa). As I recall, the first line clears the display. I can’t remember what the 2nd line does, possibly sets font size or cursor position, it’s a long time since I set this up.

Here is another example, which updates the display when a new order tag is added. Note how this works differently to most customer displays - instead of rewriting the whole display, this actually moves the cursor to the 3rd line then writes the order tag details. This would always be written after the item details have been written and the end result being the 3 lines displayed (like for the Vegetable Samosa) remain same but the 3rd line would show the order tag value. Actually when updating order tags, it would send the item template followed by the order tag template, so to ensure any price changes made by order tags would be updated on the display. But the important factor here is that this template does not clear the display and just updates part of what is already displayed on the display.

{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
<XCT>29,113,67
<L>  * {ORDER TAG NAME} [+{ORDER TAG PRICE}]
<XCT>13
<XCT>27,91,72

This is how I have the rule setup to display when order tags change. You can see the item is sent first followed by the order tag.

For reference, the customer display is an EC-Line EC-3020, the user guide can be found here which contains all the codes but you will need to use a hex to decimal converter (many online) to convert the hex codes to decimal which SambaPOS needs.

I have quite a few printer templates setup and obviously you need you create rules and actions for those when you want to display something. However that is another matter and covered elsewhere about setting up customer displays in general.

Not a complete list of all rules needed (as some actions would also be added to existing rules) but here is a screenshot showing some of the rules I have setup to print to customer display:

I hope this helps! :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes