Customer Loyalty Points Setup [4K with Voiceover]

That did not work either. put constraint back in print bill action in the apply points rule. still printing 2 receipts for ticket with grand total due.

The ticket closing rule you showed is not printing the second copy then… its constrained to remaining amount = 0 so its printing elsewhere.

You say you fdid fast change etc tutorials… sure you dont have another rule printing?

But saying that your grand total due is not actually due so you definatly mean remaining balance?

yes it is printing the second copy.

that is the only rule printing.

the problem is within the “apply points” rule when i try to print the ticket paid with points and there is a remaining balance.

i was trying to get this ticket to print the one final receipt afetr the remaining balance has been paid. if not possible, i will just waste receipt paper.lol

Your making this very hard to follow.
Issue is printing multiple copies or printing balance…
Show screenshot and HIGHLIGHT exactly what your refering to as showing balance…

it is really simple. issue is multiple copies. i will give you the two scenarios again. the first:
1.) i open ticket, add product (customer has enough points) , apply points to pay ticket in full. (see screenshot: grand total due: 0.00) the ticket then prints correctly and i can close.
second scenario:
2.) i open ticket, add product (customer does not have enough points to pay balance in full), apply points and there is a remaining balance ((see screenshot: grand total due: 67.25) the ticket prints then but is still open because of the balance. to close the ticket i go to payment screen and settle the balance. at this point i get another receipt showing amount tendered, change due, etc. The points are allocated to the loyalty card and ticket is closed.

I am trying to stop scenario 2 from printing two receipts. The last receipt is the only one that is necessary because the points have to be allocated to the loyalty card since there was a payment.

scenario 1 does not have a points receipt printed because there was no cash/credit payment received, points were used.

So remove the total amount constraint from the ticket closing rule and dont put the print rule in the points automation rule.

JTRTech, that is exactly what worked. now i get the one receipt. The constraint was the problem. thanks for the brainstorm. RESOLVED

Your issue will be tickets that have all voids will print from that rule. The ticket total greater than 0 is usually to stop those type of admin or misc prints from happening where ticket total is 0.
Alternative might have been to create a seccond closing rule with constraint of loyalty discount = tocket total to catch the 100% discount tickets.

I will play around with creating a second closing rule and see how this works. Thanks

Hey @JTRTech quick question.

I’ve attempted to put your loyalty points setup together. A few minor things Is not doing what I want it to do but that is most likely due to me maybe doing something wrong.

My question is, how could we apply it so that it adds a point only on check out.

E.g. A point system which counts each time a person has visited.
Then after a certain amount of visits, they can use the points to get a discount.

So rather then adding a point for each item, we add a point for each time a customer checks out.

Great tutorial @JTRTech Absolutely amazing, learned a lot.
But I have configured it on v4 and First MATH.floor did’nt work for me, I searched the forums and found Round which is working fine. Second loyalty points don’t seem to work when I close ticket, I think its a matter of v4, maybe the formula are different. The problem is with this rule, I tried adding simple +100 and it works but it wont add loyalty points and unclaimed points. Can u please help

V4 does not support any jscript that is v5

As kendash said.
Also is your entity and ticket state named identically?

entity name is same but ticket state?

Also which is the Jscript in that rule

Math floor is a jscipt helper.

It’s a while since I did this setup but the update of points is current entity data points plus the loyalty points ticket state value.

wow didnt know that Math floor was jscript. My entity name is the same and they are working if I replace TICKET STATE VALUE with just any number. So the problem would be TICKET STATE VALUE. Is the Ticket State Loyalty Points defined in States because in the video Ticket State is not set anywhere.

It wouldn’t need to be defined.
It is. Quick check and can see a ‘generic update ticket state’ action at 8:30 - it’s using the math fuction you mentioned…

yh I changed it to Round and its working.

Tried everything still cant get it to work, something to do with TICKET STATE VALUE not working in v4, any ideas guys.