Deselecting Tables and Entity State Colour

In the image below I have deselected a Table but the button caption still says Change Table? Very minor so wondering if it is my Pager setup causing a conflict. The Pager setup is identical to the “vanilla” sample data Table Setup.

I was checking the link below to how “Display State:” is used on the Entity screens as it is free text:

http://forum.sambapos.com/t/entity-grid-not-show-up-when-add-widget/6634/21?u=pauln

I noted that until the New Pager Entity button is 1st time used they show in different colours. Is this correct as show below:

PS: I am using Display State:Status

Display States
Including this to complete my references:

And this is where they come from.

Just or the newbies (like me).

Not likely a conflict with anything. This is common behavior that has been noted before. There is also a strange issue when you first select an Entity, and the button continues to say “Select Entity” instead of saying “Change Entity”. It all really has to do with the fact that no Ticket has been created yet.

New Entities are by default Stateless, so they have no defined color until you assign a State to them for the first time. You can alter this behavior by assigning default states for new entities in the Entity Type …

2 Likes

Ah “Penny Drops” on default states! Yes…

1 Like

Just bumping this Topic to add some further documentation on Entity States.
Above the “penny had dropped” but was still bouncing around the place. Below it has found its slot but I have 2 questions:

(1) Why do all States become available in the drop down (marked in blue) when we are dealing with TYPE:Entity? I thought Orders and Ticket States would not apply. Also if I type “Status” for Display Format it probably would be best to filter any State not matching “Status” ie Gift & VIP as you get no Colours for State Colour in Entity Screens if using the wrong State.
(Note: the tricky thing for me here was “Display State” free Text Entry which will always throw me!)

(2) Not sure @emre if the Picklist should display formatting codes (marked with RED arrow)?

Not complaining here at all just actually documenting this for myself and my team as we go.

We create lots of states to control rule flow and these are not visible to user or displayed in reports. These are hidden by default. So we don’t really need to define a state unless we want to display it somewhere.

You can also share states between entities or tickets. Filtering them in picker will force you to configure duplicated states. However what you are suggesting for entity screens makes sense. I’ll check that.

I’ll check format tag issue.

Thank you very much for reporting.

1 Like