Discount using Order Tag

@QMcKay

Excellent discount implementation. I just implemented them and they work fantastic.

Any chance you can write a tutorial fro two additional discounts?

E.G.

1. “% Discount” this should ask the user to enter a discount based on percentage. 1-100.
  2. “$ Off Discount” this should ask the user to enter a discount based on dollars Off per item.

We should move these to tutorial section as they satisfy very well discount portion of SambaPOS.

Thanks in advance,

Something I have learned that is so valuable with this program… the more you try to understand how it actually works, the core of each function etc, the easier it gets to mold it how you want. It would take a lot of resources to come up with a super detailed Help file that shows all syntax etc but this forum is a wealth of knowledge. I have found myself just reading every post I can for information that helps me understand how it flows even if I am not planning on implementing it… I learn how to do something that may not be shown in a tutorial etc just by understanding the logic.

And this is what makes this program so great… the flexibility and how you can get desired results by creating a process within the environment that may not have been originally intended but it works!

2 Likes

Hi people,

why after following the suggestions of @QMcKay and implemented correctly, I find in the commands on the screen at the right price of the discounted product (I set that I will change the price of the product and do not add to the price tag), but when I print i have the original price of the product even if the total of the bill is right and it includes the discount?

In my printer template there is:

[ORDERS]
- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
* {ORDER TAG NAME}|{ORDER TAG PRICE}

I’ve highlighted possible tags that you can use instead of price. {TOTAL AMOUNT} should work fine.

3 Likes

Good. It works. Thanks.

I moved 4 posts to an existing topic: Discount Specific Item Groups + Order Tag/Price Modifiers

I moved a post to an existing topic: Discount Specific Item Groups + Order Tag/Price Modifiers