Display items containing colon in their name in the report

Hello,

I have this report that displays all items sold.
I noticed that it does not display the name of the items that contain colon “:” in their name, however it includes their sales in the total values calculated

[Sales per Item:3, 1, 1.5, 1.5]
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True):{0}:,}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.Price.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName=“$1”}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:’ '+[O.PortionName],O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName=“$1”:2}

Total Value Omr||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}
Total Item Sold||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum:(ODI=True)}

[Category Sales - Percent by Amount:2, 1, 1.5]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.ExactTotal.Percent.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}

Total|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:,O.ExactTotal.Percent.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}

[Category Sales - Percent by Quantity:2, 1, 1.5]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.Quantity.Percent.desc,O.Quantity.Sum:(ODI=True)}

Total|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Percent.desc,O.Quantity.Sum:(ODI=True)}

[Free Items Detail:1.5,2.8,2,1.2, 1.5]

User|Item|Reason|Qty|Total
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:OSU.GStatus,O.MenuItemName,OSV.GStatus,O.Quantity,O.TotalPrice:(OS.GStatus=Complimentary)}
Total Free Items|||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum,O.TotalPrice.Sum:(OS.GStatus=Complimentary)}

Is there a way to escape the colon and display the items.

This is an example of the report, as you can see it shows two items sold but displays only one, as the other is exactly the same item but names with colon in middle of the string.

Id recommend you not to use escape characters like , : ; ’ " / in your names as reporting engine uses these symbols to create new columns, field and expression syntax and other things.

There is nothing you can do about this other than remove these characters from the names in general. Otherwise use SQL in your visual reports.

I was thinking of avoiding them in future but unfortunately I wanted to view past sales and even after renaming the items they do not appear unless there is a new purchase

You can probably create an SQL query and run it in the SQL Management Studio to fix all your names that contain this symbol.

If you don’t know how to do this Id suggest you to contact support@sambapos.com