Do we have a way to do some form of entity grid enabled state?

Added load entity before change entity, no difference :frowning:

Yes interesting I am running into some issues as well give me minute to figure out proper flow.

1 Like

Glad its not just me, have spent over an hour trying to work out WTF I did wrong

Ok here is what you do. In your rule for automation command executed add Display Ticket action with 0 for Ticket Id after your Change Entity Action

Sorry for bad spelling was creating action fast.

1 Like

Had to nip out will try soon as back.

@kendah tried the refresh/display ticket with 0 for ID but no difference other than goes from entity screen back to ticket

No entity selected :frowning:

Hey @JTRTech - what are you trying to remove? Room or Customer :smile:

It worked fine for me. Send me a backup when you can. You could have other automation interfering

@pauln I’ve change tactics from removing after normal grid selected to constrained change entity rule from grid command but change entity action is not playing ball for me :frowning:

Thanks @Jesse will be back to the desk in a bit,

No probs JLT - I am using change Entities quite a bit with Multiple Accounts. It works even if you supply a Null Value, however, from your pics above if your trying to assign a New Customer or Remove you need to specify Customer as the Entity Type to Update.

You probably all over this, just thought it was one of those moments when we been staring at the screen too long if you know what I mean. From the pics you Rooms 1 - 20 will never change right - its just the Customer Assigned?

1 Like

Where does JLT come from :stuck_out_tongue:

The name is just an entity data field which is propagated from the PMS API script ive done. The customer/guest is not an entity in itself just the name of the guest currently in-house returned from their in-house booking request.

Can you PM me a backup?

Oh crap been looking at POS all day Saturday from 9am - 9.52pm fingers very sloppy!

Ok I thought you were trying to remove a Customer Entity. I must admit when I read through your “War & Peace” AKA the Booking System I thought Entities for Rooms and Customers and then linking them

PS: I might add it was 30 degrees Celsius and blue skys - what a pity.

That was the last hotel system I did where they only had a few rooms and bo booking system, it was just a way to have an account per booking gor overnight accounts.

This system for my hotel I work at is linked to their Cloud PMS via their API so no need to have customer/guest entities as the guest bills are handled by the PMS. Infact all accounting/sales figures will go to PMS in the end making Samba just a POS interface. Although Samba would be used for more detailed reports like item sales and spend per cover reports etc. The accounting/finance reporting will be done in PMS.

1 Like

Will add you to the PM sent to kendash.
Think I may have solved this morning though, changing back to entity name rather than search along with the refresh/display ticket seems to have done the job but just testing now.

Nice, is single figures and pretty grim here in UK, is probably the warmest day all week :frowning:
Is still bloody cold in my workshop

Although now if selecting room on entity grid without a ticket already open it will not open the ticket alreay on the entity it forces a new ticket :frowning:
Think its got to be the display ticket action
 but entity change doesnt work without the display ticket action :frowning:

Change Ticket Entity action expected to run inside a ticket but you’re executing it from an Entity Screen.

Why the option to create ticket then?

This was the suggested alternative to constrain entity selection

Also if already have a ticket created selecting room on grid doesnt change the ticket entity