Does sambapos 4 distribute source code

i would like to know that does sambapos 4 distribute full source code? Thank

SambaPOS4 is not an open source project. SambaPOS3 is open source. However SambaPOS4 is so configurable it can solve many issues without the need of open source. There is a brilliant and thriving community with a lot of users ready to help you. Do you mind me asking why you are seeking the source code? It may be something we can assist you with and accomplish it without source modifications.

have option tu buy source code to add specific functions? like biometric options?

Source code is NOT available for V4, it is only available for V3

if need specific modification we can pay for this?

No, V4 is not open source there is no access to the source code

V4 and the soon to be released V5 are extremely powerful and can be pretty much set up and customised however you want

What specifically is it that you need, maybe someone on the forum can point you in the right direction to help you customise it

V4 source code is just not an option im afraid

3 Likes

@emre does not make a practice of developing specific needs for SambaPOS unless it shows to be a high demand feature that can be used by many people. He does accept donations but do not expect him to expedite a feature due to a donation.

With Version 5 there will be more flexibility for more specific features when it releases. You can make a feature request and if it looks like a feature that is a high demand and valuable feature that many people would use now he might implement something.

2 Likes

how much time you think the V5 is ready to test?, my question is because have problems to configure kitchen display and unknow if the next version have featured to configure less complex this task.

regards

What are you wanting to do? We may be able to help you with it but you need to explain exactly what you need. SambaPOS will not hardcode a specific feature for your business just because you need it to be easier. What will happen however is he will try to make the processes easier to understand. If your looking for a prebuilt setting specific to your business need that is turnkey and you press a button to activate it… that will probably never happen.

Besides how would editing source code be easier? That would be much more complex.

3 Likes

I moved a post to a new topic: Printing Questions