Easy way to enter Product Data from Access Database to Sambapos

Hello all. I am in the process of building a second Sambapos system in our retail/catering side of the business. We have Sambapos running nicely in our restaurant and want to use it in our deli/convenience store. Since it is a different department and business altogether, we will buy a new license for it and build a new database. My question is, is there an easy way to import, or copy and paste, or even enter data into sambapos from our current POS system, Regit POS by American Precision Instruments? They use a basic Microsoft Access Database for their software and the product data (UPC, Product Name, and Price) are in spreadsheet form. Is there an easier way to key in hundreds (I do mean hundreds) of products into samba or is it just with the Add Product feature? Thanks.

You can batch create but it still requires typing it out. There will not be an easy one click option.

If you save the XLS as CSV, you can read the file using the API File helpers in JScript and insert into SambaPOS DB via SQL Helpers.

You could also probably use the API host.X helpers in JScript to attach directly to the Access DB, read it (using SQL statements), and insert that into SambaPOS DB via SQL Helpers.

1 Like

Export this into Excel, then follow the guide below to add formulas into Excel to generate the YAML code needed to import using the batch product create feature.

2 Likes

Sorry it took me so long to reply, been crazy busy. Thanks so much. You have no idea how much time this saves me. Wonderful! :smiley: