Eat out to help out

I am such an idiot! Hours wasted trying to sort it out and it was just lack of a capital T. Thank you!

1 Like

Dont feel too bad - I did the same thing on my version !!

BTW

I put my calculation commands in the ticket closing rule with the kitchen and bar print commands to make sure the Android tablets fired the rule. :slight_smile:

Thats fine so long as ticket is always closed before printing/changes.
Perhaps add a close/reopen type flow on print bill command to ensure up to date?

I still can’t get this to work.
I have copied Ryan’s code, initially I thought it was because on my system it states guest count and not covers, so I have changed to it to this, [=((TN(’{TICKET ORDER TOTAL EXP:(ODI=True) AND ((MT.Type=Food) OR (MT.Type=Drinks))}’) * 0.5)>(TN(’{TICKET TAG:Guest Count}’) * 10))?(TN(’{TICKET TAG:Guest Count}’) * 10):(TN(’{TICKET ORDER TOTAL EXP:(ODI=True) AND ((MT.Type=Food) OR (MT.Type=Drinks))}’) * 0.5)]

but when I click the button, nothing happens.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

only work around solution I’ve been using for the past two days is to create a -£10 EOHO button and manually multiply by number of guests.

for the 50% i have a seperate button at -£0.05 then calculate accordingly. Definitely not the best solution.

Do you have the Type product tag setup and values set for products?

I can configure for you remotely but would be paid support. Would implement the automatic setup i documented above. PM me if interested.

I believe so

Your tag is Product Type, code you posted is looking for tag of just Type

You also can try this.

Just wanted to follow up on this as the code posted ended up getting tweaked a little to handle gifts and other oddities of the system that I’m still getting to grips with:

In the end my calculation was as follows:
[=((TN('{TICKET ORDER TOTAL EXP:(ODI=True) AND ((MT.Type=Food) OR (MT.Type=Drinks)) AND (OS.GStatus= )}') * 0.5)>(TN('{TICKET TAG:Covers}') * 10))?(TN('{TICKET TAG:Covers}') * 10):(TN('{TICKET ORDER TOTAL EXP:(ODI=True) AND ((MT.Type=Food) OR (MT.Type=Drinks)) AND (OS.GStatus= )}') * 0.5)]

I still have it applying manually but if I have time to play about this weekend I’ll see if I can get it to reliably apply automatically. Unfortunately as it’s been extremely busy thanks to EOHO I don’t really want to introduce new problems.

The setup I posted is automatic and worked well this week on the sites I’ve setup on.
If you want to use the ternary version you would just need to use one update calculation action in the update command rule. But don’t forget the 3rd one which removes, although expect a 0 value acts similar to remove but not tested