Employee Time Clock, Credit Card, Discounts

Credit Card integration is a must for North America for a POS to be successful. I can attest that 75%-85% of our transactions are done using Credit Cards.

Credit Card integration can be implemented using API.

Most systems do not store Credit Card data. Transactions are done based on tokenization.

OK. Weā€™ve talked this issue with @Armetrix in detail and theyā€™ve contacted me to a US payment processing company. That company have a web based integration solution and there is no security issue with that. Iā€™ll integrate it to SambaPOS but before doing it I needed to finish SambaMarket and external payment processing feature. SambaMarket finished and Iā€™ll implement external processing and integration. I hope to complete that sometime before end of this month. After doing it we can integrate EFT POS for other markets and if needed we can implement solutions for other markets too.

Sorry for not releasing such essential features faster but I believe Iā€™ll find a way to form the team to make things faster and better.

1 Like

@na1978 tokenization does not solve the security issue. As you swipe credit card, the number stored in POS memory until you receive transaction token. Most malware can monitor POS memory to detect credit card numbers. Using encrypted card readers is a solution but these hardware are company specific.

Too little POS software (especially open source ones) care about this issue. Like @JohnS stated it already implemented for SambaPOS V2 but we decided not to release it. Weā€™ll start with a web based solution and after releasing it weā€™ll start implementing encrypted card readers.

As Emre indicated we have been working closely with them for Credit Card integration with one of the US credit card processors. That said, we continue to believe that SambaPOS is by far the best POS solution weā€™ve seen in years. It is a solution which has a solid framework using a common sense approach which make sit extremely powerful for the end user. As it is being developed there are a few small issues but they get resolved quickly and efficiently. The approach Emre and his team are taking to the specific task of credit card processing may take a little more time but thereā€™s one thing we are certain of and that is once the solution has been implemented it will be solid.

2 Likes

Hello Socoburgers,

Still, are you looking for employee time tracking tool?

We have been using Repliconā€™s time card app to track employeesā€™ time and schedule. It has good user-interface and quite easy to implement and hassle free.

They also offer other modules including time-off scheduling, custom reporting, iPhone timesheet, time clock integration with quickbooks, etc. They are providing a free trial option so you can test it before making a purchase. So give a try and see whether it fits you. Hereā€™s the link for your reference - http://www.replicon.com/olp/timecard-software.aspx[quote=ā€œsocoburgers, post:10, topic:575, full:trueā€]
Do you also plan to add the employee time tracking? It is another cost for restaurants. Eıther get a device or use online time tracking websites. Even it is a paid module, that would be great addition to the software.
[/quote]

I second the need for a CC processing module. I would also like to see timecards and the ability to transfer the ownership (or creation) of tickets/tables between users.

Thank you,
Joe

You can do everything but cc processing now. Search for time clock and waiters tables.

I can see that CC posts here are a bit old. Any recent news? Iā€™m interested in this feature, anyway, can a web option be done through the URL printer? How can we interact (receive messages) in samba pos?

1 Like

Thanks @kendash. I found your tutorial on Time Clock: Time Clock: Linked to SambaPOS Users with Custom Reports

But I didnā€™t see any specific tutorial on table waiters. I do come across a post by @QMcKay: Table transfer between waiters

I see creating and assigning an entity to the ticket we can do this, but how would we transfer the entity to another ā€œwaiterā€ if need be? Or maybe I found the wrong post.

Thanks for the help!
Joe

1 Like