Entity Search Column Selection

Hello …

I am confused about the process to select the columns for entity search and subsequently save it. I read the forum entries about the subject here but it did not make things clearer.

I can open the column/band chooser when I am not in design mode but how do I ever save the changes that I make? Thanks for clarification …

Are you using a custom entity screen or a built in entity screen?

This is e.g. the customer search as specified in the delivery setup here. Thus I assume the response would be custom entity screen as defined in the advanced delivery setup.

I have read on the forum, that if you delete the layout file, then rearrange the columns, then restart SambaPOS right away, that should make the the changes stick. But I have not had any luck doing that on the default entity screens. I do not have the delivery setup to try that widget if it works or not.

@Jesse, would it be possible to improve the Entity Search column layout saving mechanism? Maybe something like the Report Table View, where you right click and choose “Save Changes”?

Well I deleted the file EntitySearch_Delivery in that case but nothing is written down.whatever I do. There must be some way of telling the system to save. I thought that “save customizations” on the main screen would eventually do this but had no luck. I will try to edit the XML file - hopefully correctly :slight_smile:

Well it did not work …

In the other forum entry about the subject it is stated somewhere:

, but I don’t have any layout files named LC*.xml … there is only a EntitySearch_Delivery.xml …

I got the following feedback from support:

“We checked the situation and noticed that Saving Entity Search changes feature there used to be in the previous version but somehow it disabled in the current version, so we will be trying to add it back to the system in the next release.”

The XML file is also ignored … so nothing one can do currently …

1 Like

The XML file is not ignored as this is my workaround currently. I use an XML file from an old setup on all new setups.

This column issue has been happening for some time and was reported before as well. It’s very frustrating.

Well it probably works for those who have saved it before. I am running on the newest version and have never saved it. In another thread it was mentioned that there are 2 XML files touched and I only have one. This makes the delivery screen almost unusable if there are more than a couple of customers. Thus if there is someone here who could donate the XML definitions for the customer entity search in the Advanced Delivery screen then this is more than appreciated. Given this issue I don’t dare to activate the GloriaFood Integration yet but would love to do so …