Error when trying to select entity to create ticket

Your what type of order is this question, what rule event is that?
The question suggests it would be ticket created but it asks on selecting the second entity (table) so cant be ticket created…
My guess would be something in that automation is causing the error, something like entity selected rule which is trying to use customer entity in some way so when picking table only is causing some form of error being why if you select customer first is not crashing. Just a guess…

1 Like

Show screen shot of whatever rule is involved for that what type of order question…

exported the rules, actions, and automation commands that are configured in my setup.

rulesactionscommands.zip (8.5 KB)

Where is command value coming from in ticket created rule?

1 Like

Watch this, is a video im working on to explain automation and more specificly the ask question automation command flow;

Is lacking narration but should give you the idea…

Your update ticket status to new should already be in the default rule.
Your ask question would be in the ticket created event rule and the actions using command value will be in the automation command executed rule triggered by the ask question…

1 Like

the ordertype rule is asking the question and the command value is tagging the ticket from that is it not?

No, for one you have not shown an order type rule, only an ask question action called order type which looks like you have put [:CommandValue] in as a constraint. (Constraint is an expression as to if that action should be included in the nothing else and the automation command name in the ask question action does not refer to the field of another action)

This is most likely your issue…that that flow is completly messed up.
You ask question would be in the ticket created rule, the tagging action and refresh should be in a seccond rule with an event of automation command executed and rule constraint of command name = the name set in the ask question so that the ask question triggers that rule and passes it the command value from the button pressed.

Watch that video - it might help you understand the flow you need.

Sugest you probably best to redo that part of your flow from scratch making sure you understand the ask question command flow.

1 Like

Have changed to question for now as pretty sure this is what is causing your issue and is not a bug which is what ISSUE is for. If something comes to light suggesting a bug we can change back.

1 Like

So getting back to this… im still not sure whats wrong here… because you said that i dont have the ask question rule in the setup but the order type action is the ask question action which is in this rule below…

ok so i changed the setup so that the rules are the way i think that you are suggesting… but i still cannot open a ticket from choosing a table entity if i havent chooses a customer entity first… anyways below are the changes i made.

I also tried to delete the entity screen and recreate it. Still the same issue and error message.

So this is interesting… I changed the entity screen from automatic to layout and added the Entity Grid widget and it works fine like that… seems like there is a bug when choosing the automatic option for entity screen.

It wont be automatic entity screen, any bug there would have been found long time ago being such a major core feature.

This should have sorted that rule, you should not be getting a tag as expected.

As for the issue, lets continue looking in to that.
Can you show a screen shot of your refresh ticket action firstly.
Then can you confirm if you have any other non default rules or modified rule on any of these rule events;
Ticket Created
Entity Selected
Entity Updated

Refresh Ticket Action:

Ticket created rule:

Entity Updated:

And I have no Entity Selected Rule.

I get the feeling narrowing down whats causing it is going to take ages, do you want to PM me a backup?

Sure. What all do you need?

Yer, easiest way at this point I think, PM message a full backup from samba backup.

@antasp3136 I found your problem.
You edited the default ‘Update Ticket Status’ action.
By default it doesnt have current status field ([:Current Status]) carried into the rule action.
If you do this and leave it blank it is looking to only update ticket status if ticket status is currently blank but on ticket created the ticket doesnt have any status yet alone blank so you cant specify one.
Dont know if you added this to use in other rule somewhere but you need to ONLY set status without referencing current status.

As I said though if you edited this to use in other rules it will obviously cause other issues.
Might be best to recreate default rule with different name and only state to be set and using that.

1 Like