Excel file to sambapos

I have an excel file with all my products export from other software and I thou like to use SAMBA pos but I don’t one to lose all my products is not important quantity or inventory just the products name and price. can you help me to import this file to samba?

Thanks in advance

You may try to convert your excel to YAML format.

Thanks very much I will try right now Thanks.

I try to insert in Batch Product Creation feature this

and the result is perfect

But I need the barcode so I try again with the barcode

but I can’t make the barcode get in the right place

The simple batch product import format only supports product name, price and group code (category). If you want to import barcode as well you need to use the YAML format as suggested earlier.

1 Like

i use the YAML format as suggested earlier and this is the result:

What I did wrong?

No clue can you show the YAML you used? You must have set it up wrong.

PS get notepad++ it highlights mistakes with yaml

what yaml you recomend? I use PyYAML 3.1 win32

Paste an example of the YAML code you uploaded here. Ensure you use the </> button on the toolbar in the editor for your pasted code so that none of the formatting is lost when you paste here.

• name: Xavier
  • name: Don

I have to tell you that I don’t have the idea what I doing Im new in samba I just want to import my excel product list to samba but I don’t now how. thanks for you help

Did you read the tutorial he posted? Your YAML is not correct. It helps if you use the actual YAML not a sample that has nothing to do with what your doing.

You can’t just import your excel file which is why we recommended YAML. Please take the time to read the tutorial he posted for batch product creation using YAML

It is highly recommended to use Notepad++ so it highlights any mistakes.

1 Like

ok thanks let me read the tutorial thanks

2 Likes

man sorry I can’t understand.There are some tutorial with picture to see how can import my products from other POS software to samba using YAML?

Read further up the post Emre has posted a link to a tutorial give that a read. It tells you the exact format you need to use so you can just copy and paste it, chnage the details to your products and copy and paste that YAML data into the batch create product settings and it will add them all

Isn’t this picture?

Thanks Guys I understand now how is working but my problem now is that I have almost 7000 products is for a DollarStore in florida and I like to know if I can import my products before I buy the professional version.
my products are in excel I send to you a copy to check if you have time.

Thanks inventario dollar store.zip (84.4 KB)

This is the code to just paste inside Batch Product Creation:

I’ll answer it again just in case you missed my response. You can not import an excel file but you can use YAML to batch create products.

Search the 'net to find tools to convert CSV to YAML.

Or use Excel to read the CSV data and use this formula in a Cell:

=CONCATENATE("- Name: ", A2, CHAR(10), "  GroupCode: ", "Imported", CHAR(10), "  Barcode: ", C2, CHAR(10), "  Portions: ", CHAR(10), "  - Name: Normal", CHAR(10), "    Price: ", G2)

That produces YAML formatted data from your CSV file. Copy the formula to every row.

:warning: You will probably want to clean up your CSV data file. There are duplicate Products, and some without names and/or prices.

Copy all the formatted data and paste it into Word or Wordpad or Notepad++. (Windows Notepad will not work due to a “quote” issue!)

Copy the data from the above text editor (i.e. Wordpad), and paste it into SambaPOS Batch Create Products tool.

This is the result:

5 Likes

…you are the best thanks for your clear explanation hope people can explain like that

Thanks very much Now I have all my inventory in samba pos thanks to you

Good bless you

1 Like