Exchange an Item with item whose price is > than item to be returned

hi would need assistance to know how to proceed with this scenario.

an item can only be exchange provided the item to exchange with is greater or equal to the price that is to be returned.

what is the simple flow :slight_smile: thanks

if i proceed with the same logic as return item how will be able to keep record of the item to be returned and compare it with the new product

That may give an idea.

as i will be resettling a paid ticket

i still have this question how will i keep track of the newly item and item to be returned as i need to check and compare for price

Tag these tickets as Refund and on custom reporting list order lines that exists in tickets tagged as Refund.

what i mean is when an item is excahnged with new item1 on the ticket screen. how will i be able to check whether item1 price is greater than returneditem.

if not greater show message item cannot be exchnaged or refunded
if price is greater or equal prepare a new bill

Customer may buy 2 Item1 in exchange so item1 price itself does not fulfill some possible real life cases. Check if ticket balance is greater than zero before settling or closing ticket.

customer can buy 1 item in exchange only

No problem. You can check if total quantity equals two.

so you are sugesting not to re open a settled ticket just refund an item and exchange from a new item

I’m not suggesting x method over y method. Reopening tickets is another useful method. We have 3 or 4 different refund implementations explained in tutorials. Searching them might give other ideas as well.

Edit: I mean there is no single method that will just fit to the business needs. Reviewing different methods and implementing your own method will be the best solution. See how @QMcKay improved this method for his specific needs here Refund Item button. It works with settled tickets.

3 Likes

The cool thing is you can configure it to behave however you want. So figure out the flow you want and then explain it in detail with us and we can help you get started.

Sometimes when I decide I want to implement something I get started with an idea of how I want it to behave I build it and then decided maybe I really wanted it to do something different so I try other methods until I find one that fits my need. That is why we encourage you to try various things even if you may not use it. You get experience and eventually can build anything you want anytime you want.

PS: I often build many elaborate systems on here and I share that. Reality is my actual shop system is VERY basic. Most of what I share on here I actually do not use. The practice helps me learn functions and gives me knowledge that if I do decide to do something on my live system I will know how.

3 Likes

i am using kendash pre-built database will try to proceed with a flow thanks

1 Like

so far this is what i have achieved:

what i want to do next is add 1 order only and compare its price with ReturnAmt tag
if price > = ReturnAmt
settle bill and close
else
show message price should be greater

i need assisstance how i should compare this in rule with order added event

i have try this but it doesnt seem to trigger any

First change Ticket’s Min Amount state to the refunding item’s price. After than don’t allow adding orders that is less than min amount. It can be something like that.

Reject Last order is a Cancel Orders action with Last Order setting set to true.

2 Likes

is Ticket’s Min Amount state a new state i need to define ?

No need to define it just use rules and actions for if.

then how do i up the item’s price to Ticket min amount

With an update ticket state action and a rule event

i have added action to update ticket state but i dont know which action will update the Ticket min amount

1 Like

Ticket min amount is a state lol. Just make its value equal to return items price.