External System Communication

Hi again @emre, so adding my UI has gone very smoothly after this minor issue, mostly thanks to your use of prism and that lovely event wiring, it’s a lovely clean way of doing MVVM. My SambaPOS now has the ability to look up the username and some details from an external system, and save that information in the TagNote for a specific Tag for that group of items, it’s like magic :smile:

I’m now a little stuck getting in the middle of the order settling process, I’m not sure if I can do what I want with the existing rules and constraints mechanism, or if I need to implement something new. Can I prevent the execution of the Ticket Closing Rule if one of the order lines isn’t tagged properly? I can obviously prevent settling an order if tags aren’t completed, or if the ticket isn’t assigned to an entity, but these things are ticket level items, I need to base my logic off the status of individual order lines on a ticket and if their TagNote has been set or not.

Once again I do appreciate any time you spend with me on this, I know what I’m asking probably isn’t going to be of any use to most of your users.

Do you want to have control on preventing ticket from closing?

I need some way of preventing the transaction from being completed if the products weren’t added to the users account in the other system. I suppose I can continue to operate without those checks but if there’s a problem making the call to the other system and the purchased products don’t get added to the users account I could do with being able to halt the transaction and draw attention to it. Is there a way for the kitchen to refuse an order before it is completed?

You can add additional states to orders (new,submitted) to let kitchen to accept them or not. Kitchen display tutorials might give an idea about that.