Extra information when adding a ticket

when i add an extra ticket to a table…
next time I open the table, i get a screen with both tickets.
Is it possible to add more information next to the ticket number (like the ticket note)
so we know what to select…

You can use Ticket Tags if you like. Create an Automation Command to Tag the ticket and you can even type whatever you want in the tag or automate it.

Notice how my Tickets both say Breakfast this is because Breakfast is a Ticket Tag.

1 Like

Ok, thanks!! it works great

one more question; Can I add a keyboard when the tag is to be entered? Would be helpfull

Yes use [?syntax] for the Tag Value in your action. Use Update Ticket Tag action. If using the [?x] expression then no need to actually create a ticket tag. Just use the action and a rule to apply it.

can’t seem to get that to work…
I used only a ticket tag. That came on the pos screen as a command, and worked fine.
I tried adding an action and rule, but the screen with keyboard doesn’t show (like it does when you add a ticket note)

create an update ticket tag action as i have below (mine is for assigning the customers name to a bar tab but the principle is the same. Where i have typed Customer Name as the tag name you cant put whatever you want. then for the tag value i have the variable [:Enter Customer Name] as this is what is prompted on the on screen keyboard when this action kicks in, to tell the cashier they need to input a name to assign to the bar tab

Heres my rule, ive added my action to a change ticket entity rule with constraints so that the keyboard will only appear when the entity added is BAR TAB. as you can see the action has “Enter Customer Name” that I set in the action, then this is they syntax @Jesse was showing you, i have typed [?Enter Customer Name;;;CS;] this will bring up the keyboard as it starts with a ?, so user input is required. Then there is the question of instruction for the cashier, in my case it is “Enter Customer Name” the rest of the expression relates to the setup of the keyboard as you can have a full keyboard, number pad or design you own (theres a tutorial on that) for now if you copy mine and just change the enter customer name to what you want you will get the keyboard as shown below. youll just need to insert the update ticket tag action into the rule where you want it to work

this is how it works for me, select item and press bar tab button, then because pressing the bar tab button changes the entity, my rule kicks in to display the keyboard and add the ticket tag as my ticket tag action is set in the rule “ticket entity changed”

Item added

now press the open bar tab button and this happens

Notice the start of the keyboard says “Enter Customer Name” that we set in the action using the ?syntax, enter a name ill put test and press enter

Ticket tag now appears at the bottom of the ticket “Customer Name: test”

so now when i recall a bar tab and go to my list you can see that the ticket state has Bar Tab at the bottom, above that is the customer name “test” so i know who that bar tab belongs to and next to the name “test” is the unique Ticket ID for that ticket

clicking it reopens it as below, with ticket tag customer name still at the bottom along with the ticket ID number (ticket ID number is set by applying a different ticket tag action and rule that you would need to setup if you want that info there also)

hope that helps you set up your ticket tag, any probs just shout out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, that’s what i needed…
just one minor question… my keyboard doesn’t show the numbers on top. Have to push shift. Have entered your syntax, but get other result.

Can you show a screenshot of the syntax in your action?

my action

my rule

result

I wonder if it is to do with your PC’s local keyboard settings? my PC is set to UK which might be why my keyboard looks differently.

The other option is to use a more detailed syntax that completely defines the keyboard layout

have a look here and maybe @Jesse has a syntax already prepared for a custom keyboard with numbers that he could share?? I know he played about with them when this update was released

i changed my keyboard setting to UK… and its works :smile:

Cool, glad I could help :slight_smile:

@kendash

How we change the theme of Samba as you have in this image ?

if you mean the black background that will be available in a future update, @Jesse is testing it

@shmoulana

It will be released with a future version.

@RickH can you show me screenshot of your rule, because something isn’t quit working as it should…

mine is set to display the keyboard to update the ticket tag when my ticket entity is changed to BAR TAB. So i press my open bar tab button which updates the ticket state to BAR TAB, this then causes my ticket entity changed rule to activate and display the keyboard