First or second /changing order of printed items?

All my Menu items are sorted by course name Entrée or Mains as you can see from the photo

Now I have problem with the sorting order in kitchen printer template. I am not very familiar with editing printer template but I found something here on forum and implemented it in my template and it does the job sorts items by course name.
But I have one problem with it. if I start ordering mains first from my menu then printed order will come out like this;

MAINS
Entrée

If I start ordering entrees first than it prints out fine Entrees than Mains

How do I sort this problem so no matter if I order mains or entrees first when it prints out in the kitchen to print out entrée first thanks

[LAYOUT]
<T>Ticket
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
<L00>Table:{ENTITY NAME:Table}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<L00>
[<T>Pickup: {TICKET TAG:Pickup Time}]

[ORDERS GROUP|ORDER STATE:Course]
<L>
<L>::::{GROUP KEY}::::

[ORDERS]
<L00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**Void**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<L00>     * {ORDER TAG NAME} [${ORDER TAG PRICE}]

You will want to sort by Product Tag, not Order State.

Look here:

The syntax shown in that post is like this:

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:<tag name>:<sort order definition>]

So for your case (according to your screenshot) it would be something like:

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:Default Course:Starter,Main]
4 Likes

Arrr, beat me to it :wink:

Thanks for the reply but I can not use the way you implement it as I have implemented change course button if someone orders entrée for mains or other way around but I have sorted it out so just in case someone ells have same problem here is what I done and it works fine
[ORDERS GROUP|ORDER STATE:Course:STARTERS,ENTREES,MAINS]

1 Like

Its the same principle just using states rather than tags, the way you have it is how I have done mine :slight_smile:

The only glitch I couldn’t overcome was if you setup order grouping onscreen you cant force sorting of group into that order, they will be sorted by order time of the first order in each group. This too can cause reordering of groups if you change course.
If implemented it is something you would have to live with - however it is the onscreen sorting, the printed order will work as expected.

1 Like

Using printers only so works perfect, thanks for the help comments:slight_smile: