Food costs and fixed costs in the recipe

Will be more complete picture of the product and if next year/season the fix costs will change will be easier to change the recipe.

I have to go for couple of hours, later I will try to post a photo of what I mean.

Oh I thought you want different cost rates for specific products. I think you can simply include that in V5 cost report.

1 Like

HI Emre
I just modify the recipe from inventory (V4).

In this way you have complete picture of your recipe costs.
And you can operate in different way for determinate the costs and profit.
Example:

1. I making new product for the menu’ and I want create the selling price, I know my fixed cost in % and I know the costs of product, I insert the profit I want in my restaurant and coming out the selling price automatically.

2. I making new product for the menu’ and I want create the selling price, I know my fixed cost in % and I know the costs of products, I insert the food cost in % I want in my restaurant and coming out the selling price automatically.

2 I have existing product in my menu’ with selling price I know my fixed costs in % and I know the costs of the products, I insert the selling price I have in the menu and automatically I know my profit in this product.

The printing option will be also very good.

I don’t know about developing and I don’t know if will be possible in the future to have this tool but I guaranty you will be very very useful for who operate in the restaurant business.

About V5 I still looking for where I can download and pay In the website I can not find.

I don’t get this. Everything is IDEAL. You have to tracking profit from accounting not this inventory, don’t you. I get that you will have to determine selling price for the products.

Fixed cost was from last year and food cost was from last years as well probably. These numbers is the facts for last year which should be used to compare with this year.

Unless you want to selling price to be automatically change due to the recipe. Otherwise I see no reason why have to have Profit and Fixed cost in there since it won’t do anything.

Better track food purchased for the month and compare to sales in report to seen if it over 30%.

Hi sukasem
My point is that.
Every restaurant have to create a card like this for each product in Excel, The one’s I use in my restaurant is the one I downloaded from the website “Italian Chefs in the word”.
When we create the recipe in Samba POS we already insert 80% of the informations so why don’t complete the card with all the informations?
This Card is most used for create the selling price of the products. The selling price of the product have to be also inserted in the product list of Samba POS, That’s why will be very useful Tool to have in the POS management.

[quote=“sukasem, post:24, topic:7718”]
Fixed cost was from last year and food cost was from last years as well probably. These numbers is the facts for last year which should be used to compare with this year.
[/quote]If you are creating new product from last year you have only the fix costs in %.

Because if I want determinate the prices of the selling product I know the costs I insert the % of profit and automatically coming out the selling price I have to insert in the menu.

Lost in translation? Sorry for my poor English :smirk:

Ok, You want to link this inventory to menu item price.

I have seen some software have food cost and markup when setting up product but not in inventory tho.

But end up I don’t use that because the selling price will be like 2.97, 5.93
 so random. Most restaurant have it round number or .95 ending. End up using excel and import it. Lol

PS you English is better than mine :wink:

BTW I do it backward. I set up the selling price and then I adjust ingredients quantity to control food cost. That why I never be top chef :slight_smile:

You can automatically round the numbers.

You see? why using excel if you can have everything here?
And if you can print, you can give a copy to the chef for the kitchen, to be sure he follow the quantity he gave to you when you created the card.

[quote=“sukasem, post:26, topic:7718”]
BTW I do it backward. I set up the selling price and then I adjust ingredients quantity to control food cost. That why I never be top chef
[/quote]This is a good way, if for different reason you can not change the selling price, then you try to adjust the recipe, to cost less, for keep the same profit.
That’s why is important to have a clear picture with all the % of your recipe.

Can you please explain how you want it to calculate your numbers? Can you share a formula?

Sorry Kendash.
I don’t know the Formula.
Like User and restaurant owner, I know what need, but I have no Idea how to develop and the formula.
My Limit.

If your doing it in excel but don’t know the formula that means you downloaded a template? If so can you share that so we can see exactly what your wanting?

ok but where i can send the file? the forum doesn’t accept the Xl file

Rename it to .zip then pm me it.