GC Sales & Redemption

Something is wrong here. I seem to remember this not happening in the past.

Can you tell me how to avoid this? The Gift Certificate Payment Type should not be enabled in this case, since the GC Account (500) does not have enough funds to Pay the Ticket in full (550) …

If I click Gift Certificate as payment, the GC Account will be overdrawn by 50!

but you could pay 500 with GC and 50 in cash or credit???

G.

I can, but that isn’t the issue. The Gift Certificate Payment Type Button should be Disabled at this point, since I Entered 550 into the NUMPAD (or clicked “All”) to populate the “Charged” field.

The button should only become Enabled when "Charged" field <= GC Account Balance

Ok, I figured out how to prevent it from becoming enabled. I had changed this in my setup, but shouldn’t have. The original Tutorial by @JohnS has this set correctly.

The Rules for the GC Account Type must not be Default, instead it must be Credit.

See the difference? The Gift Certificate Payment Type Button is Disabled

hey all,
I’ve been using V2 for quite a while. Aside from reporting issues its been very stable.
I’m in the process of moving to V4. I have managed to get the GC working as your instructions have been clear… however I need to get the sale of new GC out of sales and into their own account. That’s where I got lost.
What and how do I need to set up a GC account that carries the purchase of the gift card when they are purchased as opposed to tendered as payment.

Thanks

This Topic was used to discuss these very things.

Following this, a Tutorial was created that shows everything you need to do in order to keep them out of the Sales Account, and how to use them when used as Tender (Payment Type). You can find it here:

Wow…thanks for the speedy reply…somehow it was working fairly well already aside from this accounting issue. I appreciate the speedy reply.
I’ll let you know if even a non technical dude like me can get it working.
Cheers
Steve

It’s a lengthy setup, but well worth the time to go through it (IMO) since you may learn some great things along the way.

It may be one of the most involved setups available here, and it uses some of the more advanced features of SambaPOS, which is very rewarding.

One of these days, I may re-write the Automation (naming conventions) to facilitate easy export to a DB Tools file that you can just “plug-in” to your system. But as-is in it’s current state, it forces users to become intimate with the power and inner-workings of SambaPOS that every serious user should know.

hmmmm…when adding a new Document Type GC Accounts does not appear in drop down menu…
Ive checked prior steps multiple times and all have been entered correctly

Sorry to be a pain

Do you need to create a GC Accounts under add account for this to then show in document types

1 Like

@RickH is correct. Create the GC Account Type and the GC Accounts first. If they still don’t show up in the Transaction/Document, log out and log back in and try again.

ok…thanks
signing out and in again worked!

One more thing … a little off topic
The ability to generate/view reports failed about 2 months after starting to use V2.
Was that a common problem?

Hmm… would need to ask @emre or another v2 user about that. Although I started my experimentation with v2.99c, my production system was not in place until after v3 was well on it’s way.

Some limited support is available, but v2 is really dead, as is v3 IMO.

Upgrading to v4 is a must for continued support.

Besides, who knows when v5 will arrive! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

OK Thanks for your help…still entering all of this. Excited to see it work.
Let you know how it goes.

Steve

OK … All was going well until Setting up Rule RU GC Select NUMBPAD was looking for the AC Display Ticket Action… I have a Display Ticket Action but not an AC Display Ticket action

AC Display Ticket Action is a custom action made by QMcKay it is not a default action. Just use Display Ticket action name it what you want and put a value of 0 in it. AC is a naming scheme @QMcKay likes to use.

Thanks…almost there I think
But… Action called Update State Redeemed doesn’t exist
and… when entering Rule AC GC Add Line to Text File…the 'sometext" data string does not fit in the box

I’m always sorry to be painful!

Remember the names of actions your seeing are not the actual actions they are the name the person that wrote the tutorial called their action. That sounds like an Update Order State action. Or perhapse entity state?

The box expands.

@Jesse is correct. This is a “generic” action that we use often in many setups. It looks like this (tutorial updated to include it as well):

@Jesse is correct again - we are updating a State (for an Entity in this case).

The screen shot shows it is firing action AC GC Update State GCStatus
In the text below the screenshot, it was referred to as AC GC Update State Redeemed
I have changed the text to correctly reference AC GC Update State GCStatus

Not at all - no worries. It’s nice to see someone actually going through the (sometimes tedious) task of setting something up for themselves, instead of asking for a “plugin” solution!

2 Likes

Thanks to you all for the quick responses…Gift Card is now working perfectly…

2 More questions

1. I installed DATABASE Backup module but when I click ‘activate’ in Samba Market while signed in it seems to do nothing. I do get the pop up Activation Warning
  2. Am I able to create a full backup and be able to drop it on another windows tablet and have it work as is? I would like to have a working backup of sambapos once I have it all working 100%
1 Like