Give employees budget for daily activities

Hi am continuing to set-up SambaPOS for use in my Dive Center here in Mexico and I was wondering how well we could implement an expense tracking system to match what we are currently doing.

I have seen the Method K and Method Q options for recording expenses, but we do something a little different and I was wondering if there would be a way of implementing it.

Each moring we send our dive guides off with a small budget (maybe 1,500 MXN) to cover costs such as:

• Entrance fees
  • Food purchases
  • Tips (to people who sometimes help us carry tanks)
  • Fuel purchaes (only in emergencies, we typcially fuel our trucks separately to this budget).

When we issue this budget to the guide we write a paper note with the amount they have taken, they then return with a set of recipts and any change left-over.

Would it be possible to create a new ticket type for recording this money which has gone out, maybe as some sort of temporary debt against an entity of “guide” instead of “customer”?

I was thinking something like…

• Click POS
  • Click Guides entitiy
  • Select the guide who is taking the money
  • Select an item called “Budget MXN”
  • Type in the amount of money that the guide will be taking (-1500)
  • Leave this ticket open for the remainder of the day

When the guide returns from the diving…

• Open the ticket for that particular guide
  • Press the “Entrance fees MXN” button and enter “1000”
  • Press the “Food MXN” button and enter “300”
  • At this point a figure of 200 pesos should be visible to the user (the amount due back in the cash drawer)

Once all is finished we should be able to see in accounts that 1300 MXN has left the cash drawer today and that 1000 and 300 were spent of food and entrances respectively.

Does this make sense? Sorry, it’s a little difficult to describe in words!

First question would be are these only per day or multiday expences, if multiday i would avoid using tickets.
Most likely best solution would be guide entities and make guide accounts you can track using account balance.

Thanks @JTRTech

These are almost always since-day expenses, although we might have mutliple people out and about taking budget for various activities which will be concluded by the end of the work period.

But, if it could be arranged to span over multiple days then that would be great. My main wish is that this can be handled via the POS interface by my receptionist, without having to give her too much access the the accounts screens and entering expenses in there.

Does this help?

You can still do via POS screen, most likely with a custom entity screen and some [?prompts] to automation the account transactions.
With a custom entity state formatting you could have the entity screen show the current ‘debit’ balance of the guide accounts.
Not sure how you are handling expenses normally but would then credit back in on return or transfer balance from a main expense account if using samba for actual expense reporting.

Could use a petry cash type system, ive set one up that doesnt use ticket screen at all, see if it might be useful for you

Ive change lt a lot since then and dont use it quite like that anymore and use custom reports to reconcile it in my cash up screen

Ill have a separate button in a management screen where ill enter it instead

Thanks again @JTRTech

You can still do via POS screen, most likely with a custom entity screen and some [?prompts] to automation the account transactions.
With a custom entity state formatting you could have the entity screen show the current ‘debit’ balance of the guide accounts.

This all sounds really promising, but it’s completely above me at the moment. Do you have any examples of how any automation tasks lead to items on the POS screen leading to the correct account transactions?

Beyond the standard functionality of putting all sales through as purchases I’m a little confused as to how some of these customised accounting funtions and actions all work and integrate with one-another?