GloriaFood item instructions/notes not showing on printed tickets

If a customer makes a special request on items ordered on GloriaFood, the instructions doesn’t show up on the printed tickets. However, it’s visible on the SambaPOS ticket. Is there a command for the printing template to make it show up? Thank you.

Here’s an example of what’s printed for GloriaFood online orders:

Instructions are visible on the SambaPOS:
SambaPOS%20GloriaFood%20special%20request%20instructions

Why not compare what you have on what is presumably the bill print vs the kitchen print.
I haven’t used gloria food but from your picture you have the correct expression on the bill print but not kitchen.
If nothing else show your templates.

It’s an order tag. He needs the correct order tag note expression.

you have the correct expression on the bill print but not the kitchen.

I forgot to specify that the bill receipt on the left side of the picture is from GloriaFood’s template. All my printed tickets will not show the the remaining part of the note after “Instructions.”

I managed to figure it out, it was an easy fix through trial and error when you mentioned that I was not using the correct order tag. Thank you Jesse and JTRTech.

I was using {ORDER TAG NAME} only which would show the “Instructions” part the note but not the remaining note. Adding {ORDER TAG NOTE} after {ORDER TAG NAME} makes the rest of the note show up. Also should note that I will have to add {ORDER TAG NOTE} to the customer receipt templates as well.

Before:

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<div style="padding:0 0 0 40">* [={ORDER TAG QUANTITY}>1?'{ORDER TAG QUANTITY} X ':'']{ORDER TAG NAME} [({ORDER TAG TOTAL PRICE})]</div>

After:

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<div style="padding:0 0 0 40">* [={ORDER TAG QUANTITY}>1?'{ORDER TAG QUANTITY} X ':'']{ORDER TAG NAME} [({ORDER TAG TOTAL PRICE})]<br>{ORDER TAG NOTE}</div>
6 Likes

this not printing on EPSON Dot matrix Printer the code look lite HTML Printing Code can i have dot matrix printer code

It’s likely the dot matrix printer does not support html printing.

* [='{ORDER TAG NAME}'=='Instructions'?'':'{ORDER TAG NAME}']{ORDER TAG NOTE}|{ORDER TAG PRICE}

1 Like

Yeah dot matrix printers can be quite a bit of trouble at times. Quite a lot I’ve used also don’t support all the ESC/POS commands sent using normal printer formatting tags.

However if it prints from Windows (i.e. try a test print from printers in Windows), then you should be able to print with HTML printer as long as you have the printer type in SambaPOS set as “HTML”.

Alternative, have a look at this other topic for an example printer template I did a while ago for a dot matrix printer using ESC/POS but specifying the actual escape codes to the printer using <XCT> (based on following from the command reference for the printer). Might work for you…

1 Like