GQL Modules - GraphQL Modules for Remote Client Browsers

… deleted double post …

#Module Access Permission per User

Thought of this idea just now…

##GQLM User Module Permissions (Special Report)

Generate a Report that does not use any Reporting Tags. It is just text output, with comma-delimited list of Modules that a User is allowed to access.

• List the Modules that a User will have access to.
  • Keyword “ALL” allows access to all Modules.
  • If no Modules are listed, the User will have no access to any Module.
  • Leaving a User out of the Report will have the same effect: no access to any Module.

[User Module Permissions:0.6,2]
>>userName|allowedModules

Administrator|ALL
Admin|customer display,kitchen display,ticket explorer,pos,chat,timeclock,timeclock policies,task editor,reports

Q|customer display,kitchen display,ticket explorer,pos,chat,timeclock,timeclock policies,task editor,reports

Wy|customer display,kitchen display,ticket explorer,pos,chat,timeclock,reports

Ovania|customer display,kitchen display,ticket explorer,pos,chat,timeclock

GQLModulesAppUser
Courtice
Courtney
graphiql
Jenery
Merlin

Video shows switch from Q (ALL Module Access), to Ovania (select Module Access), to Merlin (no Module Access), and back to Q (ALL Module Access) …

1 Like

This a neat idea. It would be beneficial to most id day. I usually disable those modules in the code. But thinking about it, been able to set permission to view modules sounds like a better idea

When looking at the terminal screen. With different departments and where users are listed, maybe we could add like a box with highlight colour around it to make it easier for a uset to see which department for example is currently highlighted.

1 Like

Hi @QMcKay, Unable to login please help
File config.

Response

Main Screen
"{user: getUser(pin:"undefined"){name,userRole{name,isAdmin}}}"

in your config file. try

// set default Terminal, and optionally User and Password to use ONLY if Authentication is Bypassed (see config_auth.js)
var defaultTerminal = 'Server'; // Terminal must be defined in SambaPOS
var defaultUser = '';           // Set this ONLY if Authentication is Bypassed (see config_auth.js)
var defaultUserPassword = '';   // This is the account PASSWORD, not the PIN.  Set this ONLY if Authentication is Bypassed (see config_auth.js)

save it, then try to login again.

When you save to the config file you should restart Message Server as well.

Ok so I got a grip on what files includes what, and possibly what sections would require modification to add more features, but for the life of me i cannot write it up haha!

I need to go back to a language course again.

I’d love to test all the new features once the git is updated(if and when you decide to update it). Meanwhile I’m gonna go learn basics again. All this code made my head spin lol

#Ticket Explorer - opening a Ticket in POS Module

Clicking on the “header” area of a Ticket in the Ticket Explorer Module will open the Ticket in the POS Module.

If the Ticket has been Settled (Paid) then it is Locked (isClosed=true) and the Ticket cannot be altered.

Sweet. When could we test this out?

Also, not that this is required, but in customer display module, which file do we have to edit in case we want to change the background of the display or add like a picture slideshow to it?

modules\customer_display\index.html
modules\customer_display\module.js
zcss\sambapos.css

#Ticket Explorer View Mode - Detail

A new way to view Ticket in the Ticket Explorer that I call “Detail” View Mode. We can switch between this View Mode and the old “Summary” View Mode.

The Ticket Explorer now also stores/remembers your Filter settings, including Period, Open/Closed, Sort Order, and View Mode.

In addition, when we navigate to the POS Module from the Ticket Explorer Module, when we Close the Ticket in the POS Module, we are returned to the Ticket Explorer automatically.

Playing with some Format changes for Detail mode …

1 Like

#Screen Real Estate Reclamation

This filter section (or something similar) is used in the Modules for Reports, Ticket Explorer, and Timeclock

… now that ^ has been reduced to this …

And when we click on that little button, we can choose our filter criteria and then the box disappears out of view …

1 Like

#Quick Menu

2 Likes

Amazing stuff! When can we test all of these beautiful features :stuck_out_tongue:

I have this somewhat working, but it just hangs on this screen

http://www.dankmoments.ml/oghorizon/chrome_2017-07-07_13-38-04.png

How can I fix this, I added a new terminal dedicated for the modules and still doesnt work

EDIT: Here is what is outputting to console

http://www.dankmoments.ml/oghorizon/chrome_2017-07-07_13-45-17.png

Something wrong with jzs/gqlqueries.js file, or it is not being loaded as specified in /index.html

I have re installed the modules completely and re configured it, I now get a Error 300 as seen below. I have checked my configuration but no luck unfortunately.

http://www.dankmoments.ml/oghorizon/chrome_2017-07-07_17-03-28.png

It says the following properties are not valid:

client_id
client_secret

Look in /zconfigs/config_auth.js and verify you have set the variable GQLclientId to match the Application Identifier in SambaPOS.

The Client Secret is optional, but if you configure a Secret in SambaPOS for the Application, then you also need to set the variable GQLsecret to match.

Right so I am now into the PIN screen, but when a pin is entered it doesnt go to the menu