Gratuity button how to. Tax issue

Again with following tutorials and them not working. It’s sute its likely a simple fix… I tried adding taxes to the ticket using the tax template but it freezes up the system. Taking it off fixes the problem… what I need to do. Have 9% tax calculate automatically and then have a button for 20% gratuity or a way to easily enabe and disable this. Maybe set it up as a 2nd tax or should it be an automation? The 20% gratuity needs to not include tax it’s calculated on the meal total before tax. For right now we have it as a menu item zero priced then we change the price to the appropriate amount. To save time we need samba to do this for us automatically at the touch of a button. Help please!!!

Show your setup. It’s really hard to help if we don’t see the setup to spot mistakes. [quote=“polosrestaurant, post:1, topic:9577”]
Again with following tutorials and them not working. It’s sute its likely a simple fix… I
[/quote]

What tutorials did you follow? Yes most often its a simple mistake like spelling or case sensitivity.

Here are some tutorials to help you. You may need to customize it further for your needs but they should give you an idea.

https://sambapos.org/en/content/how-configure-multiple-taxes

1 Like

I already have a menu item that says gratuity and we manually change the price… this sounds very simalar. I want to be able to press the button and have samba automatically calculate 20% of the bill before taxes. That’s the only custom setup I’m using… after seeing that the tutorials crashed my system (using tutorials for the old system is the problem there are no v5 tutorials) I reverted back to default setup so from step one what should I do?

I was able to fix this by just setting it to calculate 20% instead of a fixed amount