Help me about inventory

Lets try this way. Your product Roasted Pig your smallest unit that you serve in a portion is 1? How many do you buy when you buy from supplier? What do you pay when you buy them? Is it fixed always the same or does it change? Default cost is for an item that does not change price. If your items are different price on occasion when you purchase them then you should leave default cost empty. Also you defined a transaction unit but left multiplier at 1 I have a feeling this is wrong it looks like you attempted to use Transaction Unit as your multiplier.

In any case we can help you if you can show us the Product and Recipe and explain how you use it.

Here is an example of a correctly setup inventory item using additional units and no default cost because the price from my vendor is different often. Unit Box is check marked because it is the default unit I typically buy at.

I set no transaction unit because I wanted to use custom units. I set Box with multiplier of 24 and Unit of Ea because each Box contains 24 burritos. Pallet is defined with multiplier of 10 and unit of box… Pallet = 10 Boxes.

When I purchase I enter the price I paid the vendor and it calculates cost for me.

If your price you pay your vendor never changes then you can enter this in Cost. So I would enter Default Cost for Box and Pallet. Pallet would have a higher cost because I am purchasing more. However when I sell my item the actual cost will be less if I buy it by pallet because I get a better price for a pallet vs a box.

i buy 30kls Roasted Pig at 3000 each… i buy 5pcs=15000 and i sell at 3500 each…
i need to put “30kls” at item name for me to easy to identify

Sir sorry for the late reply i have a visitor past few mins or hrs

it depend on the supplier if how many product that they can provide to us… for example at the month of december we can buy 20pcs 30kls… by the way it is PIG only when we buy at supplier i forgot… 30kls PIG=3000 ea because when we sell it will become Roasted Pig=3500 ea and the price is not fix sir

i dont know how to use multiplier… ok i will not use default cost

So if it is pig only what else goes into it when you make Roasted Pig? You put other products in it dont you?

it is only PIG become Roasted PIG… all i want is when we got sales of 30kls Roasted Pig i hope it will automatically minus at inventory in the product of 30kls PIG… if they purchase 1pc 30kls roasted pig it will minus at my inventory 5pcs 30kls PIG and it will become 4pcs

Your screenshot you have no multiplier defined. It is configured wrong. There are some other issues I am looking at. I think maybe if you can see some examples of setups similar to yours you would understand better how to set it up.

So from the screenshots you have provided I can see you have a Menu Item called Roasted Pig. You have several portion sizes for that with different prices depending on the portion right?

You do the portioning yourself right? Your supplier does not portion it out for you I would assume?

We can help you get this setup right but we need to know more information. What is the smallest unit of Pig that you use in your recipe? What does kls mean?

So you buy it in 30 kls portions. if you buy 5 that would be 150 kls? Your other portions… are they different kls? I see products with 40kls 35kls etc. All of those come from the same pig from your supplier? You dont buy them portioned like that already do you?

“kls” mean kilo(weight) of the PIG i purchase at my suppliers and the lowest PIG i purchase at the supplier is 30kls weight… i do portioning for my own business only because it depend on the customer’s what kind of Roasted Pig they want to taste or it depend on there budget… the option that my supplier gave to me is by weight only 30kls, 35kls, 40kls, 45kls, 50kls, 55kls and 60kls when we make a transaction…

i buy 30kls PIG=3000 ea when i buy 5pcs of 30kls PIG a total of 150kls(30kls each) and the amount of 15000… 30kls PIG is the lowest weight or product i could served to my customer

from my other products it is different kls and different PIG and different Price sir and different portions(regular,medium,large) of price… thank you for understanding my situation Sir… God Bless

Ok sorry I have never seen Kilogram with kls ive always seen kg. Anyway thanks for clearing that up. I will attempt to give you an example. You have your inventory and recipes etc configured wrong. You are adding a complexity to it and it is not needed.

So you buy it at multiple weights. 30kg is the smallest portion you sell. Those weights you listed that you can buy it at. are they always those weights?

sorry for the abbreviation… here in PH kilos=kls… thank you so much sir…

Here is an example.

EDIT: My warehouse screen will look little different than yours I am on a test version of SambaPOS. But as you can see it subtracted and calculated cost.

i already do you’re example but still the same outcome… even it is different setup now but still the same outcome? hmmm…

If you want to PM me a backup of your database I can look at it and see if I can spot the error.

where i could find it? backup of database… so i will send it to you sir…