Help setting up remote tablets for order taking

Increase WiFi reliability and coverage.

2 Likes

how can i do this? can you help me?

Buy better router? Check for signal dead spots and put repeaters there. Tplink makes some good routers but they also make cheap of the cheap that are better off as door stops.

1 Like

Initial testing on the Unifi UAPs I have are showing very stable and strong boxes and the basic not 5ghz models are not overly expencive either.

2.4 ghz has superior range and reliability.

For WiFi reliability & Coverage

1. Place your wifi modem/router AWAY from any microwaves, cordless telephones, and anything that could interfere with it’s signal.
  2. Buy a Wifi Repeater or access point for more wifi coverage if you have a big place. Or to cover deadspot areas.
  3. Typically any 2.4ghz -5ghz is good enough. Having a bit of an expensive modem pays off. If you can afford wifi AC mixed with N coverage even better.
  4. having your tablets on a seperate ssid will help too. Some modems allow multi SSID. Typically 1/2 for guests and then the main one.
    You could connect them via main, and use guest ssid’s for guest wifi or other devices.
2 Likes

thats a pretty decent modem to be honest. I’d firstly try to reset that router, set it up from scratch, and possibly place it in an area where it is not near any other interfering signal and possibly closer to the working area of the tablets.

I always prefer whenever possible to use a wired access point rather than a repeater.
Remember this is like a booster and it needs to be within a good signal range at the point of the AP. Compare to a tv booster, if you boost at receiving end of wire you boost interference etc aswell.
Also most repeaters as i understand still have a single radio meaning they will only have 1/2 the throughput.
Wherever possible run cat5e wire from router/switch to a remote ap for best results.
And set to same SSID(s) with same passwords but different channels. Set your channels manually and check what ones are in use nearby. Wherever possible try to separate overlapping coverage areas (any overlapping SSID not just yours/similarly named ones) by as many channels as possible. Ideal minimum is AT LEAST 3 as channel frequencies are not tight and span around 3 with the peak/center being the set channel.

1 Like

hi

this will be most useful and convenient feature so tentatively when is this feature expected?

thank you for the product

What feature?..

1 Like

Won’t be anytime soon. It’s just a concept atm.

PM-POS

IMO, it will be sooner than we think :wink:

2 Likes