Help with print ticket when table is changed

Remove the space in your Template:

[ENTITIES: TABLES NEW]
          ^

The preview loads information from the last created Ticket, so …

• Create and Close a Ticket.
  • Open the Ticket and change the Table, then Close the Ticket.
  • Check the Preview.

Define a Print Job using your Printer and Template.
Put an Execute Print Job Action in the Rule to execute the Print Job that uses your Template.

Thanks ive removed the space and also followed your steps but still can’t see table no? also is the action selected correct?

… double post …

Doe the Execute Bill Print Job Action use the Print Job that is defined to use the Template named CHANGE TABLES ??? Probably NOT.

You need to define a new Print Job that uses your Template, then define a new Execute Print Job Action that fires the Print Job you just defined, then add that Action to the Rule.

And again [:OldEntityName] in your rule mean nothing.

MADE THE CHANGES GOT THE PRINT ALL SORTED BUT ONLY CAN SEE THE NEW TABLE NUMBER NOT OLD ONE :frowning: (Sorry for the CAPS)

So what should be the correct parameter?

[:OldEntityName] is a valid parameter for that Rule. Nothing wrong with that.

According to the V4 Topic, they are using {TICKET NO}, not {TICKET ID} so maybe try that in your Rule and in your Template.

tried with TICKET NO but still same, it shows only the table number to which it has been moved (new table) but don’t print from which table number it moved from.(old table)

Ahh, my bad. It is Ticket Entity Changed rule.

Change the Table for that Ticket again. The Program Setting will still contain the Ticket Id instead of the Ticket No.

Yea it has still shows ticket number but did u figure out why it’s not showing the old table number ?

Do yourself a favor and create a Show Message Action that you can use for testing and troubleshooting. It will help you understand what is going on, and how you can fix problems …

Put that Action in your Rule …

MessageToDisplay:

TICKETNUMBER: {TICKET NO}\rSETTINGNAME: MoveTable-{TICKET NO}\rSETTINGVALUE: {SETTING:MoveTable-{TICKET NO}}\rNEWTABLE: [:NewEntityName]\rOLDTABLE: [:OldEntityName]

Now Open a Ticket and change the Table…

You can see from this:

• Ticket Number: 14642 (the Ticket Number is different than the Ticket Id)

• Setting Name: MoveTable-14642 (this is the name of a Program Setting where the value from [:OldEntityName] is stored)

• Setting Value: the value stored in the Program Setting named MoveTable-14642, which is the [:OldEntityName], in this case: Table 1

• New Table: the value from [:NewEntityName]

• Old Table: the value from [:OldEntityName]

Template:

[LAYOUT]
<EB>
<T>TABLE CHANGED
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
<DB>

{ENTITIES}

<F>=
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<BEEP>
<B22>

[ENTITIES:Table]
<J>Order Number:    {TICKET NO}
<L00>TABLE NUMBER {:MoveTable-{TICKET NO}}
<L00>MOVED TO
<L00>TABLE NUMBER {ENTITY NAME}
1 Like

Thanks alot to all you guys for your help, now all sorted and i’m able to print a ticket when a table is changed to my kitchen. :slight_smile:

Well said @QMcKay - I use a ShowMessage action all the time to check if I am using various tags correctly or not. It has definitely helped with the development I’ve been working on.

1 Like

Sorry to bother you guys again, to print same ticket to multiple printers i’ve to add those printers in print job isn’t it? i did the same but it only prints at first printer only. (Invoice Printer Only)