Hold ticket can’t cancel

Hi everyone. I am new this forum so please help me. I am using samba4 and it’s running fine. I have a quick question. I am running fast food restaurant. If I put a ticket on hold then after I can’t unhold it and cancel it. For example if a customer came he made an order then he says ohhh I forgot my money at home I will be back shortly with money. Then what I will do I will trust on him then put the ticket on hold. It unfortunate if he did not arrive and in the last at the end of night when I am going to settle my till I will see there is a hold ticket. Now I want to cancel this hold ticket but I did not receive his payment. I am not able to unhold his ticket and cancel all item or I am not able to cancel this whole ticket. I have only one option to just settle this ticket . If I settle this ticket then it mean I have to pay money from pocket to till. I hope everyone understand what I want to say . I want to cancel the whole ticket if someone don’t return or do t pay the money.
Thanks

You can void orders on ticket. How are you holding it? Just putting his name on it and closing?

Once ticket is submitted to DB orders can’t be canceled. They can be voided though.

I have a hold button on main screen when I hold it then a yellow strip come on the bottom of ticket which says hold. Then at then end in the section on daily report if I select hold hold ticket then it shows there. This hold ticket don’t let me to finish the work period. It always says there is a hold ticket. But because customer did not pay anything I want to cancel it or delete it. So that I could finish the work period. Please let me know how can I void it ? With steps
Many thanks

How can i void it please . Please explain with steps thanks

Show some screenshots because default config should have a void button when you select submitted orders…

Hmm. Restaurant is close now. But I know there is no void button on main screen and I am using version 4. If I want to create void button with rule and action how could I do that please

Check you commands first as positive its a default rule so may just have been unmapped you your user not have mapping for it.

Void shows when item is selected

Ok. I will go and find out where the void button is and I will check the mapping. If suppose mapping mapping is missing then what configuration I should do in mapping. Like I will just click on add and by default it will be all star *** on every option. Do I need to put something else instead of star* somewhere

Should look like this:

Void is a default button when you install SambaPOS for the first time. So if you do not have Void then you have modified it either by deleting the Automation Command for Void or messing with its Mapping.

1 Like