How can i setup sambapos as the only app to use on pc

Hi, i have four terminals 2 have windows pro and 2 have windows home. i wanna set up samba under windows kiosk mode but the problem kiosk mode is only on windows pro…is there a way i can setup all my computers to run specifically sambapos so that my staff wont be able to go on the internet or use other apps…i tried to set up kiosk mode but sambapos wasnt in the list and i dont wanna upgrade the other 2 pc to windows pro. i just need an app that i can install on all apps and block other apps and only allow sambapos to be used…thank you in advance

If you are using windows 10 or windows 11 pro there is a way to provision it as a kiosk. You can google how to run an app as kiosk in windows. You can also use third party software like Windows 10 Kiosk Mode Software | Windows Kiosk Lockdown | 42Gears

Its really good powerful software but will have a monthly cost per device.

1 Like

SambaPOS has some built-in features that might work for you.

The first would be with user role permissions. There is a permission, “Can restore full screen”, that will block a user’s ability to take the application out of full screen mode.

The second is a local setting under “Display” called “Validate Exit Button”. This will prompt for an admin password when trying to close the application from the login screen.

With SambaPOS set to startup automatically and some user management this should be achievable.

You’ll also want to look in to blocking the task manager shortcut (CTRL+Shift+ESC), ALT-TAB and maybe some others. There may be group policies to do that, but that requires Pro and then one might just use kiosk mode.

Another option for blocking the above shortcuts would be to use AutoHotkey. One can define a rule that is only for when SambaPOS is the active window and then swallow those shortcuts. If this is something you’re interested in, let me know and I should be able to help you with a script.

1 Like

i think this person is acting sarcastic asking the same question i asked, i didnt bother replying coz i saw the question thats being asked doesnt make sense…its a new user trying to be sarcastic.

Who knows. I’m not a mind reader - just ask my ex .:laughing:

I don’t recall seeing your original thread from last year and with the new post thought I’d throw in my two cents.

1 Like