How do i tailor SambaIn to my setup?

Maybe you can automate a system that your employees just enter a name and a phone number and it will auto populates the primary field with the format to match. But even then we can’t do much to prevent someone typing a wrong number.

There is no system to perfectly sync them since it’s two systems that don’t speak.

I didn’t say it was doable I said maybe. I mean you can try something. This is an advanced request something you would need to pay someone to do for you if your not capable.

Yes that would work, anyway you can share how to do this please?

The best option is to just deal with the few extra customers. There will never be a way to truly sync those customers because our systems don’t speak to each other.

If SambaIn doesn’t work out for you, then you will need to create your own integration or pay someone else to do it.

Search the forum for a topic called Integrator’s GraphQL API Guide for help.

I love seeing when people can create integrations its totally awesome. I do not think anyone can create what he is asking though. There just is no way to be sure all customers will sync. Someone will make a typo and it just wont match. There is not much we can do about that since its two separate systems.

Hi Jesse,

I think you don’t get what I’m saying. I’m not asking for a single database to be shared between Samba & Gloria to achieve a full integration, all I’m asking when samba pulls the data from Gloria to do it in separate fields.

Currently it pulls it all in a single field:
[First Name] [Last Name]-[Phone]
[Street Address], [PostalCode], [City]

I’m asking to to be pulled in separate fields:
[First Name]
[Last Name]
[Phone]
[Street Address]
[City]
[PostalCode]

Currently Samba receives the order and checks the entire [First Name] [Last Name]-[Phone] to see if the customer is already an existing customer record.

If lets say this new customer places a phone order (not gloria) for the first time, staff receiving the order will have to enter [First Name] [Last Name]-[Phone] the risk of making a mistake is quite high.

So it is best for Samba to compare [Phone] only, there is less likely chance to make a mistake in just a phone number.

Hope that makes sense, if not maybe we should have a phone chat.

Regards,
Michael

It does put it in separate fields. FirstName, LastName, Address, and Email we can add Phone and other things. But the primary field will probably stay as is. We had people with different names but same phone number making phone as primary field impossible to create 2 separate accounts for the two people.

Hi Jesse,

I understand why you are doing that with primary field.

Technically we need to have:
Primary field (already has first name, last name and phone)
First Name
Last Name
Phone
Address

So to be able to use other features such as SMSing upon delivery(Dear FirstName, your order is on the way), then we have to have first name on a separate field to primary field which means it will have to be entered twice. Unless there is a way to auto populate the Primary Field from other fields.

Regards

We have that now. It already populates those fields. FirstName, LastName, Address, Phone, Email are already there. You don’t have to use Primary field for those things.

I use sms with it. It works great.

Jesse,

Is there a way we can have a chat. This is not going anywhere, do you have a phone or a skype we can chat?

Regards,
Michael

I totally understand you. However we have a lot more people using it and they all use it differently. But it doesn’t mean we won’t improve it in the future.

I don’t think you understand me. But can you please share screen shots of your customer entity setup

Thanks

I do understand you. You want them to match between systems which we can do now however you do not want your employees having to enter FirstName LastName - Phone format as they will make a mistake.

We can force them to that format through automation, there will still be possibility of mistake, misspelled name, wrong number.

Yes for your specific use case it would be easier to just make Phone the primary field. Maybe the best answer would be let the end user define primary field format with a setting in Sambain. I will suggest that and see what we can come up with.

We need a solution that can fit everyone’s desired use case not just one persons hence our issue. If we can make primary field a choice in Sambain settings that might solve this.

My customer entity type is default. It uses Name as primary field. Then has FirstName, LastName, Email, Address, Phone fields. In my templates I use {ENTITY DATA:Customers:FirstName} {ENTITY DATA:Customers:LastName} {ENTITY DATA:Customers:Phone} fields where I need them. I do not use {ENTITY NAME}

So for example when I send a text to a customer it reads {ENTITY DATA:Customers:Phone} to get just the phone number and then it sends a message Hello {ENTITY DATA:Customers:FirstName} your order is on the way and {ENTITY DATA:Deliverers} will be delivering it to you.

I do not use default customer search widget… i built my own automation for entering customers. It asks for First Name, Last Name, Phone and automation combines it into the primary field format to match GF. If customer is already existing it just selects that customer.

I prefer my system I feel its faster as the employee never has to leave the screen they are on, it just pops up.

That last solution would work, have any documentation? or an article on how to do that?

No I built it from my learning and trial and error from using the system. Its a personal configuration I use in my own restaurant. I am working on another project right now and am not at the restaurant to share it. If I have time (which is very rare for me) I will try and share some of it.

Nothing in it is very advanced. You should be able to figure out how to do most of it by looking through forum. For example you can find how to use the Change Ticket Entity Action and how to use [?Prompt]

ok thanks, I must say I’m a little frustrated that this hasn’t been addressed. I know you have been trying to help. But i’m also confused on when to contact support and when to search a forum.