How to make a report for a specific work period

Yes (Android, Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 8" - 20 hours of battery, 100 euros in promo; 200 if not)

I see well yes you would just use that local pc ip address then.

I have seen that there is an apk for sambapos now, did you try, is it the same as a terminal?

That is the mobile client and no its not the same. Currently you can not take payments etc. It is strictly order taking. If all you use the tablets for is order taking then its great. Very fast almost instant.

All terminals connected.
Today reports were issued correctly, but I cannot say it’s working though because I did login/logout various times on the server, we’ll see on Monday.
Thanks Jesse

1 Like

Bad luck, same behaviour, I’ll have to implement some actions 
 (logout,
)

nope

Or you could use virtual work periods

Happy New Year :slight_smile:

I’d be nice if I could (inside the report) force

• the last work period (best)
  • From Yesterday 6 am till today 5 am
    With some variable ?

Reports are generated for the duration that the Workperiod is open. It will also always by default produce a Report for the LAST Workperiod.

You can change the start/end dates of the Report, however, it will still produce a Report containing data from the Start of the WP to the End of the WP that falls closest to the dates you provide.

It is therefore important to Start and End your Workperiods properly. It does not really matter if the period crosses over midnight - it uses the date/time of Start/Close.

If you need to be more specific, then you need to include the TIME in the Start/End parameters. But keep in mind this may not always be completely accurate, especially when it comes to Inventory, since final calculations for Inventory are performed when a Worperiod is Closed

Happy new year !

That’s what I would like 
 however Save Report to File does not seem to behave that way.

Reports are generated at 5 am (before the next working period starts
You can also see that it does not consider the WP but the time the report is generated (4:59 am)

Let’s call the server, the computer where the database is installed.
That happens when sambapos is running on the server and nobody interacts with it (login/logout) for more tha 1 day 

I let sambapos running on the server, nobody logged in for more than 1 day and wait 
 that behaviour occurs
Sambapos running and i “play” with it (login, watching reports, 
) then the next day, reports are produced ok.

If the WP is not closed, it will use the current date/time as the End Date for the Report.

If you are generating the Report using Triggers/Automation, then maybe before you fire the Save Report to File action, use an End Work Period action.

Unfortunately, that Save Report to File Action does not have any Date Parameters, so you cannot control the period, thus the Report will always be generated for the LAST Workperiod, regardless of whether that WP is Open or Closed

Have you tried using action Print Report instead? It has parameters for Date. Not as straight forward, however, you can use that action to generate a file instead of a physical print.

You might need to play around with this (not tested), but this is the general idea. You could also use a PDF Printer, convert the Report to Data Export in CSV format (for Excel), or use SQL to save the Report Data to the DB and export that data to a file as well (this is what I do), etc

EDIT: In the following Printer Configuration, it seems the Printer Share/Port Name will not accept the {DATE:X} tag, so remove that part, but be sure to supply a file name like:

D:/Programs/POS/Reports/wp.txt

if necessary, we can rename that ^ file on a subsequent step using some other action or script.

1 Like

I don’t understand why you keep saying that: “If the WP is not closed”
The wp is always closed when I execute the report at 5 AM, as you can see in the exemple, and it does not consider the WP.
Note also at 5 AM the next workperiod has not yet been opened.

It does not generated the LAST workperiod; I would be happy it would.
I know Save Report to File does not take any parameters hence my question was if this was possible to trick the report itself by passing a parameter inside the report.

I’ll first try to wake up/shake up sambapos on the server before making the report with Save Report to File; if no luck, I’ll consider the Print to File function.

Since your closing wp on a different terminal and your using Windows sessions on same computer as terminals it could be specific to that.

I can end work period on a different physical terminal and save report to file works fine I just tested it. You probably need more automaton to get Yours to work

Yes :slight_smile:
I will.

I say that so that you and others have an understanding of the default behavior. Nowhere in your posts do you indicate the state of the WP; only that you “generate” the Report at 5am.

Your example is not indicative of the state of the WP. Just because it has an End date/time on the header is not indication of the WP state. The WP could still be open when the Report is generated, then it will put the current date/time that the Report was generated. If the WP is closed, it will use the closing date/time of the WP.

Ok then, you tell me: which period does it use?

Sure, use {Start} and {End} tags to constrain the Report. You’ll need a constraint on every Report Tag. Or use SQL instead.

1 Like

As you can see in here:

My WP are closed between 1 and 3 am.
The report is generated at 5 am
And the {end} of the report (4:59 AM)is different from the {end} of WP.