How to remove a ticket tag when another is selected

I cannot tell you what is happening, because I don’t know how the various Actions you configured are working. That is, I don’t know what actions or parameters they are configured to use because you hard-coded them instead of parameterized them.

That said, there are obvious problems with your setup.

• Dine In / Take Away should be a single Ticket Tag. The Tag Name should be something like TA and then you set the Tag Value to either Dine In or Take Away
  • Your constraint for both Rules is the same. They need to be different. Change the Take Away Rule to use Not Matches instead of Matches.

Your Rules should probably look something like this:

1 Like

OMG Yes! Thank you so very kindly QMcKay. I knew I was making it more complicated than it was. I think due to my lack of full understandings the capabilities of the program, I ended up doing more than it was necessary to do something so simple.

The constraint I had for take away originally did say “Execute rule if “MATCHES”” but I had the constraint as Entity Type Name “NOT EQUAL” Tables. I thought that worked the same way as the way you mentioned. Guess I was wrong.

But yes I did have my actions hard coded because It was the only way I knew of doing it. Thanks for showing me something new. It finally does exactly what I want it to do.

Now onto my 2nd last milestone before the setup is complete :D.

These Rules should handle most cases. They all use the same, single, generic, parameterized Action for Update Ticket Tag.

I don’t know what you are using for generation of the Order Number (ON), but you should get the idea of how the Rules should be configured to handle adding or removing a Table Entity, how to set the Constraints, and how to set the Tags.

1 Like

I basically followed a guide that was posted on a questions I asked LONG time ago.

After pretty much restructuring everything the way you mentioned, I’ve began to understand, even if a little bit, how rules should be configured when handling the removal or adding entities like you mentioned. The constraints I have still yet to fully get the gist of, but what I did understand from it is that, by creating a Generic ticket tag, and setting custom values in actions, allows you to make custom changes according to what you want it to do.

The only thing I need to learn more and experiment more on is to understand which event is suitable to use based on what you want samba to do, and understand more on the “Execute rule if” .

Thank you for all your input and help. Not just you, but everyone who contributed. It means a great deal to me, and because of everyone here and the developer himself, I am able to really push Samba into POS market here and it’s taking off really well so far :). It means I can help donate more to the project and keep it continuously running better and better :).

I intend to write my first tutorial based on my setup for anyone who may find use for it as I did. That is once I finally feel it’s ready.

1 Like