How to reset the transactions to zero in the trial version?

@Jesse something odd about that version number… 5.1.60 shouldn’t have a build date of 23 November 2016…

Looks like he is using an older expired beta version of .60 somehow. Those versions expire after so long since beta refreshes so fast.

I was also thinking it was related to that, but 5.1.61 has been in beta since end June 2016. 5.1.60 was released in 10 June 2016, so 5.1.60 shouldn’t have any build date after June 2016 unless Emre updated something but there is nothing I can find on the forum about that.

@WingoLED where did you download this software from? Was it from sambapos.com or elsewhere?

Hmm your right it cant be .60 beta. I wonder if Emre refreshed it in november?

I cannot remember, but I think I DL it from, at least, a website with all the Samba logos.

Try to download it again from this link and install it.

1 Like

Ok to be safe, can I suggest you uninstall the version you have, then download and install again 5.1.60 release from here, the link is in the first post:

1 Like

For future reference if you want to make sure your getting the legit most current version you can follow that V5 release forum category.

Will the reinstall erase my old definitions like the menu, templates and such?

No that is stored in a database not the software. You may need to setup some settings again but all configuration data is stored in the database.

OK, I will DL and reinstall now.

You can just run the installer it will remove the other version for you. Try that first if that doesnt work then try uninstall.

Once you reinstall, please check the version number again and let us know.

1 Like

After reisntall,
I will come back to read the help from you guys a bit, going to cook some steak now. hehe.

1 Like

Enjoy your steak! :slight_smile:

Ok well looks like there has been a re-build of 5.1.60 on 23 Nov 2016. Anyway it was best to double check that either way as we couldn’t know that from what was on the forum.

So the only reason you should get activation warnings is if you went over 500 tickets, or like Kendash said if you have an expired beta version (which you don’t). I’m not aware of any other reasons you could get it.

Can you let me know, you said you have 50 tickets… Was this a fresh install (before today) and you created those 50 tickets on this version?

Thanks. The steak was great-medium rare with paper thin crust using Sou Vid method.

Actually, the total tickets must have been less 50 and total items submitted to the kitchen should be less a hundred. When I see the warning msg. I just assumed the limited has been reach. Now, I have tried your method of clearing the transactions but the Activation msg. still comes up, there must another reason

May be can you teach me how to backup the menus/food/templates and such to a file and I re-install SQL server as well and see whether that could help.

You cant circumvent it without buying a license. For development purposes its ok it wont hurt anything just ignore it. It will still work just fine for testing.

It keeps on popping up and cover my whole right side, so I need to setup the final installation machine and activate there then. Looks like the idea of doing it at home and move the design over to deployment is a waste of time.

Thanks, I will go this route then.

I try to buy the license but an error msg appears. Is there a requirement about what browser is needed? I am running Win 10 and Chrome browser.

Furthermore, some how it says account not found even I have registered(I think) in the SambaPOS market. Now I cannot find anywhere I can re-register again. When I first enter SambaPOS.com is that “login” same as the “login” in the buy section? I can login when I click the buy area but I cannot login at the home screen of SambaPOS.com