How to set quantity of zero priced item?

is there a way to set the quantity of zero priced item?

if i use numberpad to add quantity it changes the price of zero priced item by $1…but how do i make it to change the quantity not the price?

Have you tried clicking on the product then using the + button.

yes i have but what if i get 9 orders for zero priced item then i would have to click nine times

no other way is it?

Solving it is easy. This is how I configured Misc Product. I’ve configured a specific group code.

I’ve added an action to update MISC product.

That rule copies price to quantity and updates price to zero. It works if you type something through numberpad.

As a result of that configuration Quantity updates when I type 5 and click MISC button.

Since we determine it through Group Code that will work for all products thats group code is Misc Products

2 Likes

thanks but now i am wondering what if we want to increase both the quantity and change the price for an open item…Will this action manage to do that?

Click on item, type price, click change price button.

@emre TODAY ONLY GOT THE CHANCE TO DO THE TASK…I HAVE FOLLOWED THE STEPS YOU HAVE STATED UNFORTUNATELY I AM UNABLE TO CHANGE THE QUANTITY

AFTER FOLLOWING THE STEPS I CLICK ON 5 ON NUMBERPAD THEN CLICK ON MISC ITEM QUANTITY DOESNOT CHANGE BUT THE PRICE REMAIN 0.

SOMEMORE IF I ORDER ZERO PRICED ITEM WHY DOESNT THE TABLE GET BOOKED?

Hello

1. Edit Fix Misc Product Rule.
  2. Expand Update Misc Product action box by clicking white arrow.
  3. You should see Quantity parameter there. Type {PRICE} there.
  4. Save rule.

As configured by Ticket Payment Check rule, zero amount tickets gets closed automatically.

So you can change that behavior but if you configure that rule to keep booked tickets open you need to configure additional rules and actions to close these tickets manually.

I’ll strongly suggest you to learn how SambaPOS automation system works by studying current tutorials so you can configure it to fit your specific business needs. This might be a good start.

PS:

1. Please use lowercase letter for easier reading.
  2. Please create separate topics for multiple questions.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @emre …i still have a lot to learn and understand the system thoroughly