IE is Missing After Windows Update

So Windows did an update and now IE has gone bye bye. I’ve tried uninstalling IE then reinstalled it again, no dice. I’m guessing there’s a registry item that stops IE from loading. I’ll see what Google can come up with but I’m thinking of uninstalling the update.

Any other ideas?

Check: How to use customer screen in kiosk (full screen mode with edge) - #2 by Gurkan

1 Like

I forgot to say this is for my customer display. The above work-around doesn’t work for this :pensive:.

It should work for you. Why would it not?

If I run the batch file Edge does open in kiosk mode however the html file for the customer display doesn’t display.
Unless I need to upgrade from 5.6.2 (from memory :thinking:).

having same issues here, the second display is using ie, if we change to edge its not opening.

I argued with Microsoft customer service about this and wrote them an email about it.
’ You ask the user 2 times for confirmation for a simple file copy, but why don’t you ask me if I want to remove IE running on my system or if I really want this update?
I have tried many ways to solve this problem, but the only solution was to uninstall the latest updates.

It wont display unless you tell it to open that html file. Set edge as your default for that file type and set it to open that html file instead of msedge in the .bat file.

They discontinued all support for IE and are moving forward with Edge. They continued support WAY past when they should have. Edge is their future and IE is in the dust bin now. There are options to get this to work still with Edge. I will try the above method myself and document some steps for you after.

The html file now opens on the customer display however it doesn’t update when a new order is put through?

You need to be sure that no other edge screen is open.

Yes, no other instance of Edge is/was running.

I’m actually on 5.3.6, should I upgrade anyway?

Possibly. There has been many updates since that very old version. We have changed a lot. It will be hard to know if it helps you or not but that is a very old version. At some point you may need a new feature and if you stay on a very old version it could be harder of an update the longer you stay on one. We may even deprecate some things due to windows changing etc.

We do recommend being in the latest version so we can offer the most accurate help.

Today we will release a new version about this. Please follow new version topic.

2 Likes

@Muzzargh after our team releases this new version to solve this I will close this thread so you can continue in the release thread if you have questions. Please remember when we release this update that you backup your database first before you update especially if you are on a much older version. And let us know if you run into issues after. Vehbi will update with a release thread later today after testing.

Please see here SambaPOS 5.7.2 Release - V5 Release - SambaClub Forum

We have released an update to fix this. I am closing this topic.