Inline report Expressions

I could have swarn inline report expressions was posible with $1 type setup.
Can anyone see what Im missing;

@{REPORT CALCULATION DETAILS:T.Id:(CT=Eat out to Help Out #3401):,}
[Eat Out to Help Out Summary:2,1,1,2,2]
>Date|Ticket No|Covers|Applicable Total|Discount Total
{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.Date,T.TicketNumber,TT.Covers:T.Id==$1}|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Total.sum:T.Id==$1 AND (MT.EOHO Discount=Y)}|{REPORT CALCULATION DETAILS:C.Amount:T.Id==$1 AND (CT=Eat out to Help Out #3401)}

Individual expressions work on their own lines…

Try enclosing the first report in square brackets with an equals.
[={REPORT TICKET DETAILS.....}]|{2ND REPORT.....}|{3RD REPORT}

Other option is to have some character(s) begin the line before the first report.

1 Like

[={REPORT}] seems to drop out the $1 value rather than the 3 columns within report.
However a space before first report seems to have done the trick :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

I remember checking to see if the [=...] worked for the proper number of columns, but I did not check the values to see if they were correct. Good to know!

@Jesse Would you know if this is by design or a bug to have only the first report show when multiple reports are on the same line? Having a character before the first report seems to be a work-a-round.

Also this may not be limited to just REPORTS. I remember when I was developing a random name picker, I was using 2 ({RANDOM:1:012}{RANDOM:1:0123456789}) in an expression. It was only returning 1 digit. When I used a character in front of the first {RANDOM}, things worked as perfectly.

The parser is not really designed for that but sometimes it works. It really depends. It doesn’t mean it’s a bug. The parser works as intended. But to nest multiple reports like that we may not get our intended output.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks for the info!