Intelligent Auto Combo Building - Build combination deals on the fly as you add orders the way the customer talks

Its a really cool future but i have one question. is it possible to mark the items as one combo or as one meal on the kitchen orders and maybe on the bill?

You can use order groups to group on ticket template. I group starter/main/dessert like this but could be used to group combos.
Print templates are very flexible.

Yes in fact I do that with mine. Take a look at my template it is HTML but you could see how I did it and adapt if you do not wish to use HTML. I love how HTML looks and my printer is fast.

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout

{ENTITIES}

<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">Subtotal: ${PLAIN TOTAL}</div>
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">Payment Type: {TICKET TAG:Payment Type}</div>
<F>-
<div style="font-size:25px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">KITCHEN TICKET #{TICKET NO}</div>
<F>=
<div style="font-size:13px;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
<td width="25">Qty</td>
<td width="196">Item Desription</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
{ORDERS}
<F>
<F>
<F>=
<div style=font-size:15px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
<td width=80 align=center>{TICKET DATE}</td>
<td width=170 align=right>{TIME}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
<div style=font-size:15px;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
</div>
<F>=

[DISCOUNTS]

[ORDERS GROUP:]

[ORDERS GROUP|GROUP TAG]
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
<td width="25">{QUANTITY}x</td>
<td width="196">{GROUP KEY}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

[ORDERS FOOTER]
<F>-

[ORDERS:GROUP TAG=*]
<div style="font-size:18px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
[='{PORTION}' == '' ? '<table><tr><td width="196">       {PRODUCT NAME}</td></tr></table>':'<table><tr><td width="196">        {PORTION} {PRODUCT NAME}</td></tr></table>']
</div>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<div style="font-size:19px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
[='{PORTION}' == '' ? '<table><tr><td width="196">{QUANTITY}x    {PRODUCT NAME}</td></tr></table>':'<table><tr><td width="196">{QUANTITY}x    {PORTION} {PRODUCT NAME}</td></tr></table>']
</div>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>{QUANTITY} {NAME}|**FREE ITEM**

[ORDERS:Void]
<div style="font-size:19px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
[='{PORTION}' == '' ? '<table><tr><td width="196">{QUANTITY}x    {PRODUCT NAME} **VOID**</td></tr></table>':'<table><tr><td width="196">{QUANTITY}x    {PORTION} {PRODUCT NAME} **VOID**</td></tr></table>']
</div>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<div style="font-size:17px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
[='{ORDER TAG NAME}' == 'Extra fee' ? '' : '<td width=272><b>            {ORDER TAG GROUP}</b>: {ORDER TAG NAME}</td>']
</tr>
</table>
</div>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Toppings]
<table>
<tr>
<td width=272><b>            {ORDER TAG GROUP}</b>: {ORDER TAG NAME}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Condiments]
<table>
<tr>
<td width=272><b>            {ORDER TAG GROUP}</b>: {ORDER TAG NAME}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Promotion]
-- Format for order tags

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Instructions]
-- Format for order tags
<F>-
<div style="font-size:14px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
<td width="196">INSTRUCTIONS: {ORDER TAG NOTE}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
<F>=

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">Customer: {ENTITY DATA:FirstName}</div>
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">Phone: [=F(TN('{ENTITY DATA:Phone}'),'# (###) ###-####')]</div>
<F>-

Thanks for that - but im not able to transfer it to the standard sambapos layout / template language

You can, the layout section structure is the same for html or epos, it’s like mail merge of orders in template.

Accidentally i figured it out. Just needed to make something like this

{ORDERS}

<J00>
<F>+
<J00>
<J00>
<J00>
<J00>
[ORDERS GROUP:]

[ORDERS GROUP|GROUP TAG]
<F>#
<C00>MENÜ

But now i saw that my price dont change. My Product Tag screen looks like yours here Intelligent Auto Combo Building - Build combination deals on the fly as you add orders the way the customer talks

in the Main part i added prices like 7,77 or 5,55 but my combos always costs as normal.
Customer saved 1,83€ - This works - but it don’t effect the price.

Which price. Show screenshot of ticket and paste actual template. It’s hard to understand from what you have said.

That’s wrong one sec.

Its saying Saved 1,89€ but the price is still 9,60 insted of 7,77

Show your actions and rules.

Its all importet from your import file

I’ll explain how it works later. I modified it a little. Busy at my restaurant tonight.

@Nasenbear I think part of your issue is your portions. It is designed to ignore portions so portions will increase price by the difference from base price.

1 Like

Nice, that was the missing part i needed.

Now it works. I just needed to add an extra ordertag called Promotion.

Thanks for your help!

I am trying to import the zip file, but it is stuck on the downloading and then nothing happens. Can you please check and let me know, I hope the import will solve my combo creation issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Hello iwaqasi,

I attached the link of step by step document for the auto combo implementation, you can have a look at it;
https://kb.sambapos.com/en/4-43-how-to-apply-auto-combo-implementation/

2 Likes

Thank you so much Nizam. I truly appreciate your kind concern.

Dear Nizam,

Many thanks for your support in accordance for me to apply combo implementation. I already tried the combo setup as per the link you attached. It is not supporting the combo setup that I am focusing upon.

Let me elaborate you a little more in details:

I have three types of Combos:

1. Combo for 4 Persons - Price of the Combo = 9.750
  2. Combo for 6 Persons - Price of the Combo = 15.750
  3. Combo for 8 Persons - Price of the Combo = 18.750
    ==============================================
    I want to select Combo 1 and it should show the fixed items within this combo:
    Example:
    Combo 1 has 5 Items inside:
    Item a
    Item b
    Item c
    Item d
    Item e
    These 5 items are fixed in “Combo for 4 Persons”. I pressed on button Combo for 4 Persons and automatically the items included within this combo appears on the screen. With the price 9.750. I shouldn’t be allowed to remove any item from the combo.

I hope I elaborated well enough for you to understand.

Awaiting reply.

Syed Waqas Ahmad

So you really do not need this setup at all. So the items are fixed as in you can’t change what items are in the combo? Why don’t you just use a menu item with order tags then? You can set tags to auto apply as default. They can even be tracked on inventory.

Hi Jesse,

I am newbie here. Can you please give me a small example upon doing that? Much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Waqas Ahmad