Inventory CONSUMPTION: Inventory Items, Products, Recipes, and Order Tags

I’m happy about that, I thought I was going crazy :confounded:

@emre

So I should create an original pizza recipe, that contains every Pizza Inventory Item. Then clone it for all the different pizza, and order tag ! for all standard ingredients and “More” for the rest?

This works great !!!

I even got it to work with Order Tag Prefix, Except, when I add a Prefix, it ignores cost. Is there a way around this?

Think I sorted it. I add a new Order Tag: + Green Pepper with a price of 10. It doesn’t show up on the order screen (I guess because it has the Prefix written in the name?), But it modifies consumption and price!!!

Which gives me an idea.

Would it be possible to create a list of Order Tags, 2 for each Inventory Item, a NO and an ADD, add the Prefixes NO and ADD. And then the Order Tag would only appear on the order screen if the Prefix was selected?

Lke this:

Unfortunately at the moment that just hides both Order Tags

But if selecting the Prefix on the order screen made them appear, that would be soooooooooooooooooo cool!!!

Please :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Try setting up filter for order tags as * so they’ll appear only when a prefix button is selected.

Additionally you can set filter to ! to make an order tag appear when no prefix is selected or just write a prefix name to make it appear when that prefix is selected.

1 Like

Thanks for the great help so far, but with this one you lost me.

I’ve used the search function to find topics about how to use filters, but they all talk about it, asuming the reader knows how to use them already.

Can you point me in the right direction?

2 Likes

@emre

I tried doing as you said.

I made a list of Order Tags with + or - in front of each. I’ve add * to the filter and added 2 Prefix + and - .

When I come to the order screen, only the prefixes appear as they should, But selecting them doesnt make the Order Tags appear.

Am I missing a step?

@emre

I have tried to play around with it.

The only way I could get it to show the Order Tags, was to remove the space between the Prefix and the Order Tags name. (+ Cheese => +Cheese)

That makes the Order Tags appear only when the prefix is selected. As you said when * is selected as filter.

The problem now is, that when an Order Tag is selected, it adds the prefix before the Order Tags name which includes the Prefix already. (+ +Cheese instead of +Cheese) and it doesn’t use the price from the Order Tag either.

It also doesn’t modify consumption either.

Thank you for your help

Anders

No, don’t remove spaces. Configure them with space character. Try also adding non prefixed versions of buttons. So…

• Mushroom will appear as button. Don’t forget to set filter for that button.
  • + Mushroom will be used to fetch + Mushroom price. You don’t need to define it if there is no special setting like price for that order tag.
  • - Mushroom will also be used if there is specific pricing.
3 Likes

Awesome!!!

Jobs a good one.

Thank you

Is it possible to report inventory by default transaction unit eg.case
My base unit is can but I would like to know how many cases should be in stock.

Yes, and it is mentioned above in this very Topic:

A quick search found this:

I followed the above tutorial and checked the box beside case but when i use the Inventory Report
[Inventory Report:1,1, 1]
{REPORT INVENTORY}

It shows stock by can not by case

Did you follow the tutorial or did you just follow the picture?[quote=“QMcKay, post:2, topic:8148”]
Your Consumption will be reported by Transaction Unit if you do not leave it blank. So if it is defined as Case with a Multiplier of 12, when you sell 1 Can, your consumption will report 1 of 12 = 0.833 of a Case Consumed, with Instock level reported as 0.916 of a Case left. This is not useful in scenarios such as this.

If you leave Transaction Unit blank, your Consumption will be reported by the Base Unit. Most of the time Base Unit Consumption makes more sense. So when you buy 1 Case (of 12), and sell 1 Can, you will see Consumption reported as 1 Can, and your InStock level will be reported as 11 Cans left.
[/quote]

That quote explains it pretty well.

The checkbox beside Additional Units makes it your default Transaction Unit for Purchasing. However, the Consumption will still be reported by the Base Unit unless you have the Transaction Unit defined.

Consumption is never reported by Additional Units, no matter if the box is checked or not. You must define the Transaction Unit.

To define the Transaction Unit as “Case” when you already have an Additional unit defined with the same name, you need to change the name of the Additional unit first (ie. rename it to “CaseA”), then save the Inventory Item, then re-open it, define the Transaction unit as “Case” with a non-zero multiplier, then save it again. Then you can go in one more time and delete the Additional Unit if you want.

2 Likes

Ok I was not deleting the additional unit, when I typed in Case as the Transaction Unit and clicked save It just removed it.
This is working now. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 Like

Great tutorial. Very informative. I’ve come back to this and studied is quite a few times in an attempt to use as a reference to building a Bar menu for just drinks. Not sure what I’m not comprehending to make this work properly without spending too many hours on the wrong path.

Will keep reviewing to try and find what’s not clicking.

Thanks

My goal for my client is to track inventory and sales to customers. Should I create a Supplier warehouse to do so? I feel like I’m missing something with configuring this properly.

1 Like

What part doesn’t “click” for you?

Inventory Consumption and Customer Sales are not directly related. We can track Product Sales to Customer Entities, which will work for Products having Recipes that are a 1:1 mapping such as a can of soda or bottle of beer, but for other Products that have Recipes that consume multiple “ingredients” (ie. a Pizza or Sandwich), the Inventory Item Consumption is not directly trackable as you might imagine.

Here are some alternative Topics you might want to read …

Hello @QMcKay
i have an issue with my setup.
if I enter 2 portions, it should be multiplied in the warehous or not?
why its not multiplying?,

thanks for answers!

and when i make it this way it works…

why is this so???