Is it possible to call [:CommandValue] of unrelated automation command into a rule?

This is my case:

Rule 1 runs Action 1 to create Action 1’s [:CommandValue]
Rule 2 runs Action 2 to create Action 2’s [:CommandValue]

I need Rule 3 activated conditionally on Action 1’s [:CommandValue] however Rule 3 also use Action 2’s [:CommandValue] here and there inside Rule 3. Is it possible?

At a glace, no, depending on the rule events. You likely need to use program setting values or depending again of events and flow other seperate stored value like ticket tag or ticket state.
Need more info for a better understanding to offer sugestions.

1 Like

I’m trying to achieve confirmation box for your royalty points system when staff want to claim points from old tickets.

Step 1: Hit claim points button > Input ticket ID > Input royalty card ID
Step 2: A confirmation box shows up with information like you’re going to claim 123,456 points for customer ABCXYZ. Are you sure? There will be no going back!
Step 3A: Hit no > Go back main screen
Step 3B: Hit yes > Another box shows up to confirm points claimed.

You would string them together
Rule one with execute automation command with prompt in command value to pass id to 2nd rule.
2nt rule ask question with expressions displaying values using ticket id. Use command value of ask question to trigger 3rd rule.
Buttons would be ok=command value to pass ticket id, cancel=cancel.
Then in claim rule constrain to command value nkt = cancel.

1 Like

Thank you, now, this is out of my league again. Can you give me more detail about how to do that? These are the current rules:

Rule 1 to input ticket ID

Rule 2 to check claimed ticket or input card ID

Rule 3 to show confirmation screen

Rule 4 should do the job but because I can’t bring previous steps [:CommandValue] to this step. I’m stuck here.

Wow, so cool. I did it! All I need was to move actions here and there. Probably just as what you are trying to tell me to do @JTRTech.

Rule 3

Rule 4A when hit no

Rule 4B when hit yes

Thank you so much for great advices!