Item count when placing order

Hello everyone,

I’d like to display the number of items ordered on screen so waiter can double check he didn’t forget anything. Would be extra awesome if I could filter for kitchen orders only.

Thanks for the awesome work on SambaPOS…

You could use a Ticket Tag to track Order Count and increment or decrement the counter when Order Added to Ticket or Order Canceled.

There is even a Printer Template Tag for this called {ORDER COUNT}, but it will likely only track Order Lines rather than Item Quantities.

Hi QMcKay, thanks for the quick reply.

so it’s similar to the tutorial [Tracking number of persons][1] …

Only for this I should make two rules, one for incrementing, another for decrementing count when orders are added or cancelled. … OK, this much I understood yesterday after going through the tutorial. But with this method I get a new button on the left on the main POS screen. I don’t want this, how can I hide it?

Also, what kind of action type should I create for this rule? I tried this >>

Any help appreciated,
Thanks[1]: Tracking Number of Persons

The button on the left is an Automation Command and it is not required in this case since your updates will be automatic rather than manual. Simply delete the Automation Command button.

You Action should be Update Ticket Tag, and for the Tag Value Parameter, use this notation:

[:count]

Then in the Rule for Order Added to Ticket, fire the above Action and in the parameter for count, use something like:

[=TN('{TICKET TAG:Order No}') + TN('{QUANTITY}')]

In the Rule for Order Canceled, fire the same action, except for the parameter for count, use:

[=TN('{TICKET TAG:Order No}') - TN('{QUANTITY}')]

That is the basic setup that I would try … you may need some tweaks - let me know how it goes.

thanks for the prompt reply

ok, I tried, not sure what I’m getting wrong. The tag is simply not showing. Here are the related screenshots

I made sure to add mappings where needed
Also, to hide the button, I should find it under automation commands? I couldn’t find anything related there.

Remove then re-add the Action to the Rule.

The Action wants [:ItemCount] and the Rule is prompting for Item Count (it has a space in it). To avoid this in the future, you shouldn’t change the parameter name after the Action has been added to the Rule.

The button on the left was created by you at some point in time. In Automation Commands, use the search box in the top left to find the command for Item Count.

Hi @QMcKay
Ok, makes sense now but still the tag is not showing :confused::confused:

Below are my settings

And for the tag button, i looked and searched under automation commands, couldn’t find anything.