Item Custom Tag

Hello,

I’m using custom tags for my MenuItems for reporting purpose, but what I didn’t think about and just paid attention is that if we delete the MenuItem we lose is custom tag.
I would like to save those tags in Order records and I’m wondering what is the [Tag] column in [Orders] database table?

I couldn’t understand your question. Can you give an example?

Might be easier for you to define a new product/item tag column.
In program settings → general settings, there is a field called Product Tag Captions;

These are easily definable in product tag editor;

I use these for all sorts of order added rules for states however beleive you can report orders based on them using expression;
(MT.TagCaption=TagValue)

1 Like

Hi I’m already using Product Tag Captions.
Everything is working well, the only problem in my case is, I use those custom tags to make FNB reporting, but if I delete my Product (MenuItem) later because I don’t sell it anymore, when you generate your report, you have all informations about the order (price, quantity, etc…) but not anymore about the item’s custom tag.

So my Idea is to save my FNB custom tag in the order line information.
So my first question was: there is a sql column named [Tag] in the table [Orders] that is always null, what is the real purpose of this column and can it be edited from one Action?

Convert it to order state on order added and report on order state rather than item tag :slight_smile:
Thats what I do to enable me to itemize my charges on my PMS integration.
Order states are on the order not the menu item so will not be effected if you delete a product.

BE SURE TO MAKE OWN STATE ACTION NOT USE STATUS AS YOU WILL MESS UP OTHER RULES IF INTERFERE WITH STATUS STATE FLOW

States are extremely powerful once you get to grips with them.

1 Like

I use custom order state for printing, so I assume you can use that in your reports as well.

MT.ItemTagName should work.