Kitchen display based on items ordered

Hi,

I’m wondering if you can have a kitchen display displaying collated items ordered. I’ll give you an example:

Customer 1 orders:
2x Chicken (extra sauce)
1x Lamb
1x Vegetables

Customer 2 orders
1x chicken (no sauce)
3x vegetables

Can the KDS display (in separate boxes):
3x Chicken
4x vegetables
1x lamp

Then the cook can click on clicks on the Chicken they it will show
1x chicken (no Sauce)
3x chicken

Thanks

Kitchen displays work best and most efficient if the cook is only pressing minimal buttons and if cook sees a simple list to cook in the order he needs it. Having your cook click on order lines, etc over complicates it and can lead to errors and missed orders etc.

You can make it sort orders there are many different solutions discussed throughout the forums that does this very thing. Start with looking at the various tutorials contained in the Documentation category of this forum.

Kendash,

This is a different situation. I have this customer who provides catering services. So he will have parents of school kids order lunches from him early in the morning. But the difficulty he faces that he needs to find out in total of all orders how many chickens and how many lamb and how many vegetables were ordered (based on the above case) so he can prepare and cook all of them to deliver to school at lunch.

Sorry if I had this information to begin with I might have suggested something different.

so i guess you don’t have answer for me?

Before we go any further with this. Maybe you should explain your operational flow. I do not want to present you with options and send you on a path that would not fit your business. You gave more useful information already but so we can help you further please explain in more detail how your operational flow goes so we can suggest options for configuration or point you in the direction of a tutorial already written.

ok, but i need to chat to you. do you have skype?

You will get much better support though forum as its a community vs just chatting with me personally. I did respond to your pm already though btw.

Ok thanks, so did you understand what i want to achieve in this above scenario?

I understand more of it yes… but to be sure the flow is correct you need to share little more about your operations.

A direct answer would be No you cannot select individual items from an order on a kitchen display. Yes you can sort them if it is setup correctly.

That does not mean you can not build something that would work for your operational flow it just may not be a Kitchen Display system.

This is the reason of why I’m repeatedly asking people to tell the case instead of required feature. Some people takes it as an negative response but we can’t solve a problem that can’t understand :slight_smile:

We can print a consolidated ticket. Can it solve that issue? You may find this discussion useful.

Also I’m working on order reporting features of custom reports. When it is ready you’ll be able to add a report widget on kitchen display screen to display it.

1 Like

I am sort of confused can you clear something up. You said

And

So who is doing the cooking… your cook or your customer?

Or do you mean your setting this system up for someone else? And Customer is the person your setting Samba up for?

EDIT: I think I am starting to understand it more by reading between the lines.

thanks guys,

My case is the chef or the cook needs to prepare all the food that was ordered in the morning from 100 different customers which may include 3-6 items and they all need to be delivered at the same time. But instead of going through each order and prepare one item at a time, he would like to prepare all similar items at once. But also they want to be able to package each order from the 100 order separately. So a kitchen Display would be perfect for that.

So yes we need consolidated kitchen print or a kitchen display to show total amount of each menu item ordered from 100 orders but also show the modifiers for some of these items.

Have a look at the attachment please.

Maybe you need a seperate screen just for the catering… can use tagging system to tag tickets as catering or maybe a custom state flow… this would separate it from any non catering orders that may come in. You can design it so it would flow however you want into the Catering kitchen display screen.

I agree with @emre take a look at what he posted.

My customer is the restaurant owner who is providing the catering services and he needs a POS system, his cook is preparing and cooking for him. Sorry i shouldn’t have mixed this up, i should have kept it less confusing and said my chef :smile:

Kendash,

Can you please explain, i don’t understand what you mean.

Hi, I’ve already asked in another topic, but looking at the post dates it seems that this problem is still unsolved?
Isn’t it? I’m looking for the same functionality.

Cheers,
Rafal