Layaway/Switch User with Login Prompt and Ticket List Tutorial [4K with Voiceover]

Uses: Ticket Tags, Report Expressions, Ticket List, Ask Question

This will likely end up as a mini series of 2-3 videos of the process of creating a new layaway/switch user setup.

I have purposefully not rehearsed and only refer to a previous setup for rough reference as this is a new configuration I have made to hopefully be an improvement on my previous switch user setup. I believe that a few videos of this style will be beneficial for newbies in that its not always a straight obvious answer and often we all need to test and retry configs.
Also shows the development rather than just the solution laid out.

Tutorial Video - Part 1

https://youtu.be/ozv4BCCFMe4

Is a little longer than originally intended but if just starting to use SambaPOS probably a good video to get an understanding for how to customize your setup.

Did you find this video useful?

To gauge the value of and demand for a possible new video tutorial section please mark if you found the video useful and would like to see more. [poll name=poll] - Yes - No [/poll]
1 Like

Part 2

In this part I shape the layaway towards the end goal of being switch user as well, developing the layaway button and list and fixing/tweaking a couple of bits.

Did you find this video useful?

To gauge the value of and demand for a possible new video tutorial section please mark if you found the video useful and would like to see more. [poll name=poll] - Yes - No [/poll]

Reserved for Part 3…

Reserved for possible Part 4

Other Tutorials

Reserved for updates & modifications.

Great Tutorial. I think the issue at the end was == symbol. You added it twice but removed it before submitting :slight_smile: Single = makes expression invalid so probably breaks whole constraint check.

1 Like

I think the ‘on the fly’ less rehursed style is good for learning.
When I was at school our A Level maths teacher was awesome because he wasn’t a super genius, he went through every step even when checking and this really helped up learn, when he was off ill for a couple of weeks our temp teacher who at least came across as ‘smarter’ just gave instructions and skipped steps and we all struggled to understand what was going on and demoralized us.
I used to really like the way when he had finished some big sum on the board he would look over his shoulder and say something like ‘think that should be right, did you get the same?’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Think just need to work out a better mic position as atm its on a bracket propped up with a ketchup bottle LOL and not in best position when I look down to type which is obvious advantage for recording voice after the video so you can speak directly to the mic but the new mic defiantly makes audio allot cleaner (with addition of noise reduction in editor) :slight_smile:

Got to do the products for that setup which should make for a good tutorial, probably a long one but good for new users just getting going.

1 Like

Part 2 uploaded, youtube is still processing, should be available soon. Processed and live :slight_smile:

1 Like